Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What to do to get the most out of my Si.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do to get the most out of my Si.

Hey, as of now I pretty much have a bone stock 2000 Si. All I have is Velox VX8'R's, and 2 1/2" piping back to my stock muffler. So, I have a lot of plans for this car: AEM V2, bore out TB to 64mm., Skunk2 Intake Manifold, AEM fuel rail, AEM fuel pressure regulator, RC 310cc injectors, DC Sports 4-1 JDM Header that ends with 2 1/2" so I can cut cat completely out and run 2 1/2" piping back to muffler, which I plan to change to Skunk2. Not cutting cat until I convert car to OBD1, and get the skunk2 p28 chip, and not putting the chip on, until I put on Skunk2 Valve springs, and retainers, and install Skunk2 stage 1 Cams, and then Skunk2 Cam Gears. How does all of this sound, I realize that this stuff will take me around 2 years to complete, but it'll be fun putting it on piece by piece. Oh, and to top it off I want to run either a Vortec Spherical Supercharger, or a nice Turbo setup, but I don't know what turbo's are good to run on a B16A2. So, any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:48 AM

Default Re: What to do to get the most out of my Si. (Electron Si)

sounds like you already have everything planned to me....
Old 02-16-2004, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What to do to get the most out of my Si. (Jswpstdoff)

Greddy 18g kit. Not the greatest kit, but for the money, a good beginners kit.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:51 AM

Default Re: What to do to get the most out of my Si. (Jswpstdoff)

Yeah, but is this a good set up, or are there parts that are better than what I want to run. Plus, I know nothing about turboing this engine, so if anyone knows of a good turbo setup I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:52 AM

Default Re: What to do to get the most out of my Si. (Ricey McRicerton)

Well, I'm looking to get the best. Which, turbo kit is the best for this engine?
Old 02-16-2004, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Electron Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, I'm looking to get the best. Which, turbo kit is the best for this engine?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would say peiced together then. That way you can get exactly what you want if money is not an issue.

EDIT: The edlebrock kit is a very complete, very nice, but very pricey kit if you have the money!
Old 02-16-2004, 06:56 AM

I'll look into it, thanks a lot, I just see it as if I'm going to spend all that money on something, I might as well get the best, cause when you get into the money that it costs to turbo something, like $3,000, plus, I assume, what's another grand, ya know. But, thank you for your input.

Hey, 137, why did you have to come and Fu%k up the post, there can't ever be a post where some scumbag *** doesn't come in and voice in his gangster ***, douchebag comments, just shut up. You obviosly suck the dong, cause a turbo'd b16 would kill a 350Z, plus why are you so partial to the Nissan? Does your dad have one? Seriously, I think you should shut up apologize to Ricey, and then blow him, and while your at it, blow me too. DICK!

Modified by Electron Si at 4:08 PM 2/16/2004
Old 02-16-2004, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Greddy 18g kit. Not the greatest kit, but for the money, a good beginners kit. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You have this turbo kit?

The power to money ratio with that kit would be better WASTED on going na with the wimpy b16 motor hommie. You are going to make a whopping 40 more hp, then turn up the boost, blow your motor and have to spend more money on going na after because your a boost *****, and still cant beat a 350z.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:59 AM

I like Turbonetics turbochargers. Now what size is perfect is pretty much up to you taking into consideration turbo-lag and ofcourse how much you want to spend. If you go for a big turbo setup you'll need to drop compression, and get some better pistons and con-rod's. I might be forgetting something, but forgive me I'm tired.

Good Luck (on making decisions)

Old 02-16-2004, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What to do to get the most out of my Si. (137)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 137 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You have this turbo kit?

The power to money ratio with that kit would be better WASTED on going na with the wimpy b16 motor hommie. You are going to make a whopping 40 more hp, then turn up the boost, blow your motor and have to spend more money on going na after because your a boost *****, and still cant beat a 350z. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No, I have the 14g kit on my y7, and you just showed your complete and total ignorance. A B16 can be a very competitive motor boosted. Granted stock they have very little torque, but with my lowly y7, I ran a 13.8 on a lesser kit. If you can't achieve more than 200 hp on a boosted B16, something is seriously wrong. And if you can show me ANY stock 350z that can outrun me I'll hand you the keys to my car.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by james p. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like Turbonetics turbochargers. Now what size is perfect is pretty much up to you taking into consideration turbo-lag and ofcourse how much you want to spend. If you go for a big turbo setup you'll need to drop compression.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes and no. You do need to take lag and max power goals into consideration when sizing a turbo, but most of the off the shelf turbo kits have done that for you. And you DO NOT HAVE TO DROP COMPRESSION TO RUN A TURBO!!!! All higher compression means is to run less boost, have better off boost performance and make the same peak HP numbers. Tuning is more crucial when running higher cr, but should'nt we all be tuned anyways?
Old 02-18-2004, 02:12 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes and no. You do need to take lag and max power goals into consideration when sizing a turbo, but most of the off the shelf turbo kits have done that for you. And you DO NOT HAVE TO DROP COMPRESSION TO RUN A TURBO!!!! All higher compression means is to run less boost, have better off boost performance and make the same peak HP numbers. Tuning is more crucial when running higher cr, but should'nt we all be tuned anyways?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good points, ofcourse where I live "off the shelf" kits are not imported, so it would be hard for me to know that.

And you're right that you don't have to drop compression, but for lots of boost, for example 1,1bar ~ 1,3bar (i have no idea what that is in Psi) overboost off lets say a T3 Garret almost everyone I know has dropped compression to about 8.* :1 just to be on the safe side, although I doubt a B16 could handle that much boost with stock compression.

Again very good points!

Old 02-18-2004, 02:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

And if you can show me ANY stock 350z that can outrun me I'll hand you the keys to my car.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can't show you a stock 350z but i can show you a soccer mom in a stock wagon that will have fun smoking you.

So does that mean I can have your car?
Old 02-18-2004, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Greddy 18g kit. Not the greatest kit, but for the money, a good beginners kit. </TD></TR></TABLE>