Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What to do!?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do!?!?!?!?!

I need some help here guys.

I got all these nice motor build up parts for my LS/VTEC project but now funds are startin to run thin, very thin and the car needs some serious TLC.

I'm talking rust work, paint, new exhaust, interior (not hugle concearned) maybe new suspenion and brakes!!!!

Now I'm getting a super deal on some brakes, but its gonna pretty much own the money I have left and the motor will have to be put on hold.

I already got an LS swap, was gonna rip that out and put in the new one, bt now I'm thinkin if I sell the new setup I can get new paint, rust, exhaust done.

Help me out!!!!
Old 04-19-2005, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What to do!?!?!?!?! (Sassafrass)

Come on help me out here!
Old 04-19-2005, 05:25 AM

Default Re: What to do!?!?!?!?! (Sassafrass)

sounds simple to me...if you care about how your car looks, sell the setup to fix paint and rust...if you dont care that your car looks like *** but will be faster, then stay with the motor...but i would try to sell something to fix maintenance parts like brakes and i would try to get an exhaust...

p.s. - if you have another way of transportation to and from work like a beater, i would definitly hold off on everything until you are certain you can afford to start up the project again...beaters
Old 04-19-2005, 05:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What to do!?!?!?!?! (CivicEX96)

I have to agree, park the car until you can afford to do everything right the first time. Believe me many of us have been in the situation you are in and wished we could have waited instead of rushing things and having to do them again.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:43 AM

Default Re: What to do!?!?!?!?! (Cheeks153)

Keep the motor. You'll probably end up regretting it if you get rid of it. For about $100 you could sand the whole car, grind out the rust spots, weld/bondo to fix them, and prime the car. Ride the ugly primer proud until you can afford a paint job.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: What to do!?!?!?!?! (nota-ex)

Just keep plugging away at it until you can get it done right. I know how it can eat away at you to look at a motor not in your car yet, but do it right the first time, and you'll be glad you did.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:51 AM

Default Re: What to do!?!?!?!?! (CivicEX96)

ride ugly like my crew! we are all different colored primered civics. hahaha just get ur car to run, and just work on it and then do engine work after... or sometthing.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:03 AM

Default Re: What to do!?!?!?!?! (IHateJDM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IHateJDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just keep plugging away at it until you can get it done right. I know how it can eat away at you to look at a motor not in your car yet, but do it right the first time, and you'll be glad you did. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, its very sucky. I've had my LS sitting in my garage for almost a year now. Still needs a transmission.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by al3e &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ride ugly like my crew! we are all different colored primered civics. hahaha just get ur car to run, and just work on it and then do engine work after... or sometthing. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Whoot! for primered civics. I ride ugly and proud with the black primer right now.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:05 AM

[QUOTE=nota-ex]
Yes, its very sucky. I've had my LS sitting in my garage for almost a year now. Still needs a transmission.
[QUOTE]

My H sat for a year before I dropped it in, that's pretty common. When it's all said and done, you'll be glad you didn't cut corners.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:11 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IHateJDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">[QUOTE=nota-ex]
QUOTE]

My H sat for a year before I dropped it in, that's pretty common. When it's all said and done, you'll be glad you didn't cut corners.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, its also taught me to look for deals. I got raped when I bought the motor, but I've been looking for deals ever since. Stock LS with td04 turbo@8 psi tuned w/ uberdata. GSR transmission w/ LS 5th gear.

Just a matter of time. I'm just lucky that I graduate this year, lots of car money
Old 04-19-2005, 08:19 AM

Don't blow all your money on your car. I know it's easy to, but remember $1 today is worth about $15 by retirement. Save most of it, it's worth so much more that way. That's like comparing a used civic to a new 911 turbo...
Old 04-19-2005, 08:30 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IHateJDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't blow all your money on your car. I know it's easy to, but remember $1 today is worth about $15 by retirement. Save most of it, it's worth so much more that way. That's like comparing a used civic to a new 911 turbo...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I see what you're saying. I plan on using enough of what I get to finish the swap and get a paint job, the rest is going into a savings account/CD/whatever. Then I'm going to get a summer job to help pay for part of my college classes.