Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

weight reduction

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 02:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weight reduction

whats the weight of a stock ek hb ??? and how much weight can be taken off ???
Old 03-08-2007, 02:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: weight reduction (broke_ricer)

http://www.civichatch.com/info/index.php

i dont know how much can be taken off,sorry

edit:that link is for EG`s,sorry
Old 03-08-2007, 04:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i know my buddy's 99 dc2 got down to 2250 daily driven stock weight is 2580 or something
Old 03-08-2007, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: weight reduction (Initial Dizzle)

940kg it says on my registration sheet...i have a 96 civic hb CX with no AC
Old 03-08-2007, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It depends. Do you like AC/Heater. Do you carry passenger. Like to keep you interior. Wanna spend alot on carbon fiber. How fat are you?

Old 03-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: weight reduction (kaiba)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kaiba &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It depends. Do you like AC/Heater. Do you carry passenger. Like to keep you interior. Wanna spend alot on carbon fiber. How fat are you?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah it all depends on how low you wanna go. Ultimate weight reduction? Take out the dash board, dash brackets, interior, carpet, sound deadener, make it a shell. From there you can start adding lightweight windows, CF trunk and hood, lightweight rims, etc.

It all depends on how far you wanna go...I rather drive my civic with a full interior..but others need the weight reduction so they can race that stock accord w/ the 80 year old driver to the next traffic light.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: weight reduction (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah it all depends on how low you wanna go. Ultimate weight reduction? Take out the dash board, dash brackets, interior, carpet, sound deadener, make it a shell. From there you can start adding lightweight windows, CF trunk and hood, lightweight rims, etc.

It all depends on how far you wanna go...I rather drive my civic with a full interior..but others need the weight reduction so they can race that stock accord w/ the 80 year old driver to the next traffic light. </TD></TR></TABLE>

your car is not fast enough to need weight reduction.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:55 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broke_ricer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whats the weight of a stock ek hb ??? and how much weight can be taken off ???</TD></TR></TABLE> Check the stickies on top dude, there is a lot of **** on there that might help you.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: weight reduction (JDM_Frijoles)

reducing your car 100lbs only nets you 1/10 of a second in the quarter mile.

If your running a race class, ***** out and you need the extra edge do it.

For a daily driven car LIKE MOST OF US HAVE you will hardly get to 100lbs even taking out the back seats, sound deadening, interior trunk panels, etc...

and when you take all that **** out, the feedback from the road/motor is LOUD!

So now ask yourself, Is it really worth it?

Cheap/free mods to your car are cheap/free for a reason, they don't get you any good horsepower.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Re: weight reduction (mike1114)

start out with sound deadening material for reduction
Old 03-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: weight reduction (vtecftw)

Might as well cut the front end off and weld a chrom-oly frame with a full fiberglass front end, take out your windows and replace with lexan (be sure to plasma cut any excess sheet metal not needed to hold the window in place), rip out all of your splash guards in your fenders (this would fall into the fiberglass front end),you dont need headliner or carpet or even a dash for that matter (sheet metal can fix that), spend a $1k for some lightweight rims (this is per rim... some carbon composite **** iono) and fill the tires with nitrogen (i hear its lighter than air). And enjoy the drive to and from work, all your buddies with think its cool though.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: weight reduction (mike1114)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike1114 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">reducing your car 100lbs only nets you 1/10 of a second in the quarter mile.

If your running a race class, ***** out and you need the extra edge do it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ET's are not the reason you should be removing weight. Weight reduction is suited for arenas where your car is heavy-on/heavy-off brakes and accelerator, i.e. autocross and road racing. The less weight you're hauling, the better your car handles, the faster it stops and the easier it is to get moving from a specific speed. Will it make the car faster? Sure, but that's the least worthwhile of the benefits you'll see.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:07 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broke_ricer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and how much weight can be taken off ???</TD></TR></TABLE>

depends on how much your willing to give up. .
Old 03-08-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: weight reduction

I think theres some peaple on here who are pretty smart but guys like this I dont know. what do you even have a built b with i/h/e haha<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95ProjectEJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Might as well cut the front end off and weld a chrom-oly frame with a full fiberglass front end, take out your windows and replace with lexan (be sure to plasma cut any excess sheet metal not needed to hold the window in place), rip out all of your splash guards in your fenders (this would fall into the fiberglass front end),you dont need headliner or carpet or even a dash for that matter (sheet metal can fix that), spend a $1k for some lightweight rims (this is per rim... some carbon composite **** iono) and fill the tires with nitrogen (i hear its lighter than air). And enjoy the drive to and from work, all your buddies with think its cool though. </TD></TR></TABLE> what I need to achieve is a 12sec 1/4 and a good weight balace for autox . trying to do this allmotor (built k24a2).
Old 03-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: weight reduction (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah it all depends on how low you wanna go. Ultimate weight reduction? Take out the dash board, dash brackets, interior, carpet, sound deadener, make it a shell. From there you can start adding lightweight windows, CF trunk and hood, lightweight rims, etc.

It all depends on how far you wanna go...I rather drive my civic with a full interior..but others need the weight reduction so they can race that stock accord w/ the 80 year old driver to the next traffic light. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you just restated what he said, and made a dumb joke
Old 03-09-2007, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broke_ricer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think theres some peaple on here who are pretty smart but guys like this I dont know. what do you even have a built b with i/h/e haha what I need to achieve is a 12sec 1/4 and a good weight balace for autox . trying to do this allmotor (built k24a2).</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you are talking about me then you are completely hopeless and retarted for not sensing the sarcasim in that post. How hard is it for you to click the "search" button. I could have sworn there are numerous topics on weight reduction... i have even seen one that reads "how to lose *blank* pounds". If you are looking for someone to hold your hand and tell you exactly how much you that you will lose "x-amount" by taking off these *blank* interior pieces etc you are wrong. 12 sec's could be achieved with full interior or a minor weight reduction if your motor is built right. Not that hard to figure out. Nice attempt with the flame though. BTW im driving a stock d16z6 and i dont have stupid ******* questions about reducing weight in my ej.