Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Vibrations? and i did search didnt find any solution

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibrations? and i did search didnt find any solution

i just put in a JDM B16 in my 92 honda civic hatch i still have the stock mounts the only mount i dont have is the lower tranny one( may be the problem but i wanna be 110% sure) and when im on the freeway and im goin 60 and im in 5th gear and then i press the gas pedal half way i feel vibrations not bad but i can feel it........
Old 01-19-2006, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Vibrations? and i did search didnt find any solution (EDVxRICHARD)

bump
Old 01-19-2006, 03:22 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EDVxRICHARD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i just put in a JDM B16 in my 92 Honda civic hatch i still have the stock mounts the only mount i don't have is the lower tranny one( may be the problem but i wanna be 110% sure) and when im on the freeway and im goin 60 and im in 5th gear and then i press the gas pedal half way i feel vibrations not bad but i can feel it........</TD></TR></TABLE>

I haven't experienced this first hand but if you don't have the lower tranny mount and you are experiencing vibration under load I would say your 110% right that is the reason.The tranny is what distributes the power and if it isn't stable then I would only assume that it will bounce around.At least a little bit!Not to mention how old are your stock mounts?
Old 01-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Vibrations? and i did search didnt find any solution (darkblue1998ls)

not sure but i do know for sure no crack or dry rotted....and yes i am planing to buy some new Motor mounts just on a budget and i just want to hold down my motor for a certain amount of time.........when i replace my mounts do i put a jack under the motor wit wood in between the motor and the jack or is there something else to go between there
Old 01-19-2006, 03:46 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EDVxRICHARD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not sure but i do know for sure no crack or dry rotted....and yes i am planing to buy some new Motor mounts just on a budget and i just want to hold down my motor for a certain amount of time.........when i replace my mounts do i put a jack under the motor wit wood in between the motor and the jack or is there something else to go between there</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have always just put the jack straight on the block usually were the tranny and block join together.I would also do some energy suspension inserts if anything for know until you can get the other mount.They are not expensive and will help stabalize the engine alot more.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Vibrations? and i did search didnt find any solution (darkblue1998ls)

wat do you mean by some energy suspension inserts....have a picture?.....where can i get one of those