Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

V-AFCII SI Q:

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-AFCII SI Q:

first off, im sure this question has been asked before and is some were in the millions of pages archives in HT but i couldn't find it. -sorry

I rode in my friend's Si today, don't know the year (2000gen whatever that is) anyway i noticed he had a Vtec V-AFC-II in his car that he bought for $300 just to have the vtec controller. I have never worked with afcs before but i do know enough to know that its a complete wast to buy one just for the vtec controller.

-correct me if I'm wrong:
The AFC connects to the "map" sensor on the manifold, taking reading and changing them before sending the signals back to the ecu. thus giving the ability to change the A/F ratio. right?

at current, he has the vtec set at 6Krpm LO->HI and 5.5Krpm HI->LO i always thought that it was better so set the vtec a little lower but i don't know for sure...

I know its impossible to answer this Q: 100% without being on a dyno but is there a rounded number to go by as far as the fuel %??? anyone know from previous experience? please don't post bull. and please don't flame me for posting this Q: thanks,
Old 03-15-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: V-AFCII SI Q: (hks85)

It all depends, yeah they say to set it a little lower, but is that all he has done?
If he has a bigger fuel pump, injectors, intake, etc.

It may be more beneficial for him to have it set higher.

A kids eg we tuned with an h22 in it, we set it at like 5.3k??? I think from lo->hi, and like 5.1k hi->lo

That was best for his setup we found out without dyno tuning.
Old 03-15-2005, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: V-AFCII SI Q: (Not_So_Average)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Not_So_Average &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It all depends, yeah they say to set it a little lower, but is that all he has done?
If he has a bigger fuel pump, injectors, intake, etc.

It may be more beneficial for him to have it set higher.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah as far as i know, all he has is an intake and an exhaust. my general idea of a/f ratio is that, stock tuned motors (ecu wise) have a slightly leaner ratio for beter fuel economy as well as keeping our air cleaner. im thinking a little richer mixture would be benificial power wise but without a wideband O2 or/and Dyno, i have no idea how much "%wise" to go up. 5%, 10%??? im not looking for perfect numbers here, just something to start off with.

also, what else can the V-AFCII do? i already know about the vtc and the fuel curve is there anything else???
Old 03-15-2005, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Without getting the thing on a wideband sensor I would not adjust the air-to-fuel ratio at all.

Setting VTEC is up to you really. I set my engagement point down to 5000 from the chipped ECU's 5500 setting and I love it.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:28 PM

so 2 the point is it worth buying a apex vtec control or buy one of those ghetto 1s with a ***
Old 03-16-2005, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hatchish)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchish &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so 2 the point is it worth buying a apex vtec control or buy one of those ghetto 1s with a ***</TD></TR></TABLE>

that is the question...
Old 03-17-2005, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They're cool as hell. I thought about selling mine a while ago but it's just too cool. In my spare time (which is hardly ever) I'm fiberglasing mine into an airbag delete tray that I'm making. You're not supposed to look at them while driving (according to manual), but it's just too cool to let it sit in a glove box.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Electrodynamic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Electrodynamic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They're cool as hell. I thought about selling mine a while ago but it's just too cool. In my spare time (which is hardly ever) I'm fiberglasing mine into an airbag delete tray that I'm making. You're not supposed to look at them while driving (according to manual), but it's just too cool to let it sit in a glove box. </TD></TR></TABLE>

know what you mean