Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Turbo D Series Question?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo D Series Question?

Ok. I posted a question on building my own turbo for my SOHC D series motor which i think will be cheeper. I can buy what i want and get about the same or maybe more HP then swaping for cheaper. I plan on going with a T25, pushing
6-9PSI of boost. My question is there was a guy on here that said i will need to upgrade fuel "system". What do you mean? Bigger Fuel Pump,Fuel Rail,Injectors? Becuase i dont plan on upgrading any internal's but i want to try and push 180-200WHP. Like I said before I'm not looking for MONSTEROUS HP just something better than the average ricer.

EDIT: I just wanted to give a shout out too all the educated guys on HT for helping my dumbass out. Because when i first got my car i did know a few things but everytime i posted something i sounded like a 15 year old kid with big dreams. And yes i got my share of flames. But anyways thx guys for helping me learn stuff about my honda. Personally I think HT is the best honda fourm out there.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo D Series Question? (civproject17)

my advice is if you dont really know that much about turbos, then start off by buying an already complete kit that you just bolt-on and dont have to worry about fuel managment and tuning and stuff. IMO. but good luck with whatever you do
Old 10-01-2004, 11:06 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civproject17 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok. I posted a question on building my own turbo for my SOHC D series motor which i think will be cheeper. I can buy what i want and get about the same or maybe more HP then swaping for cheaper. I plan on going with a T25, pushing
6-9PSI of boost. My question is there was a guy on here that said i will need to upgrade fuel "system". What do you mean? Bigger Fuel Pump,Fuel Rail,Injectors? Becuase i dont plan on upgrading any internal's but i want to try and push 180-200WHP. Like I said before I'm not looking for MONSTEROUS HP just something better than the average ricer.

EDIT: I just wanted to give a shout out too all the educated guys on HT for helping my dumbass out. Because when i first got my car i did know a few things but everytime i posted something i sounded like a 15 year old kid with big dreams. And yes i got my share of flames. But anyways thx guys for helping me learn stuff about my honda. Personally I think HT is the best honda fourm out there.</TD></TR></TABLE>

pushing 6-9 pounds wont really require bigger injectors,..a new fuel rail and maybe a fuel pump wouldnt hurt though

and damn i see you live in sioux city iowa,...i use to live there,..that sucked ***,..might have seen both my cars there,..one gray widebody hatchback and the other was a red hatchback ,..the whole front end primered (did the 99-00 front end conversion) on gunmetal rims,..now the whole car is gunmetal
Old 10-01-2004, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Turbo D Series Question? (2.0 EK)

**** YEAH DUDE YOUR THE REASON I GOT A HONDA haha wow thats crazy i remember that. But anyways i dont know a little bit about turbo's becasue my friend's all are planning on helping me i could just ask them but its 230am im sure they dont want me to call them and wake them up.

EDIT: Yeah Sioux City sucks ***** sooo many kids with fart cans and rust spots. Most of my friends and all the people in Sioux City are domestic guys but yeah i am just looking to be faster than the average 16 year old "daddy bought my car" kids. I mean being 17 myself i got a honda because of the possiblities not for looks just to smile when some asshat domestic (btw i respect domestics dont flame) gets beat by a stock looking civic
Old 10-01-2004, 11:20 PM
New User

when i lived there last year,..the import scene sucked ***,..no fast imports whatsoever,...i had the only 2 swapped civics in sioux,...me and my ex use to kick it down at the pavillion,...i really didnt see any respectable domestic cars in sioux either,..if me and my girl wanted to go and kick it with some decent cars,..we had to go down to omaha or lincoln
Old 10-01-2004, 11:22 PM

testing posting img
Old 10-01-2004, 11:27 PM

yeah there's some decent ones now but there all dickholes about it the only nice and fast one ive really been around is this RX-7 3rd Gen TT hes a pretty nice guy all the fast cars are owned by ****** all the honda guys are down here man if i had all the **** they had done i wouldnt mind poping my hood id be proud of my hard work and money. God i gotta boost my civic and boost the **** outta this ghetto *** town i got 1 more year left at Western Iowa Tech