Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Turbo 1.5 sohc

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo 1.5 sohc

right people i want this plane and simple. do you have to buy new pistons, fule pump, injectors, ECU map, ect or can i just buy a bolt on turbo like the t3/t4 i see on ebay and put it on with no mods. lets make this TURBO FOR BUMB PEOPLE. thank you very much . idont want any s**t on here i have been lookin at other posts cant make head nor tale of any of them. sorry for been so rude but you can see wher im comin from
Old 02-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo 1.5 sohc

wow i have one thing to ask you did you really read other posts or read anything about turbos or about hondas in general.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You dont want a ebay turbo kit youll shoot a rod out kid. Save your money and get a greddy kit. That and read up on these things before you come running in a room demanding things. People are asses to your likes for not doing so.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000siturboR
wow i have one thing to ask you did you really read other posts or read anything about turbos or about hondas in general.
X2

you shouldnt be tinkering with boost with the knowledge you have... coule get mighty expensive
Old 02-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no kid i cant see where your coming from..."plain and simple" is research on what other people have done to their single cams like me i have a d15b7, dsm450cc injectors W/ resistor box, arp head studs,3 layer metal head gasket for a y8, greddy turbo kit, stock fuel pump, running a basemapped ecu from J-K-Tuning, its a lil bit more than just buying an ebay turbo kit(manifolds suck) and bolting it on
Old 02-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Vietnamese!

x3
Old 02-01-2009, 09:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey there,

A complete turbo kit includes : TURBINE, MANIFOLD, DOWNPIPE, WASTEGATE, INTERCOOLER, MAP HARDWARE (2), BOOST TIMING MANAGER, FUEL INJECTOR (2), BLOW OFF VALVE, AIR FILTER, PIPING, ( INSTRUCTIONS, WIRING AND FITTINGS )

The PRACTICAL answer to your question is NO.

There's a reason, and all those other parts that come with it have their purpose. A "turbo" without all of those just isn't what you think a turbo is. It won't make that sound that you're looking for without a specific piece above-mentionned. Most of all, you won't get the performance increase that you're looking for.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Take a month or two and read as much stuff as you can on tuning and mechanics. You'll be in a much better position to handle yourself on a forum afterward. There's no easy answer to any of your tuning questions.

http://www.torquecars.co.uk/ - READ THE ENTIRE WEBSITE
Old 02-02-2009, 06:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Like someone else said get a greddy kit off ebay, befor the $500-1200 cheap turbo kits (no name), I've seen pictures on here of turbos braking and you end up having to replace all the parts, The greddy kit dosn't make huge HP but im sure your just looking for some extra hp your prolly broke to so moneys a a issue, greddy kits can be peiced together or bought whole on ebay for relativley cheap, and they come with a tune, but im sure turbo people would recommend geting a dyno tune. keep reading the turbo fourms and look at doing a DIY turbo kit could be cheaper and make more hp then the other 2,

You need, oil feed lines
tapped oil pan
injectors
turbo
intercooler
waste gate
blow off valve
intercooler piping
low compression pistions
fuel pump
turbo timmer/ boost controller
more random lines

I don't know how much money your looking to spend, but if you want a top of the line turbo kit, check out www.synapseturbo.com It's a local shop i always go to great people awesome turbo kit.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

LIES..... hey bro... u wanna do it, DO IT MANG! i had a Garrett turbo... blew up... had a Turbonetics... blew up... soo i said u know what... im gonna go ahead and try out the EBAY kits... and i got it... put it on but the only flaw is the Oil lines and Blow off valve... i changed them to Innovative steel lines and got me a Blitz Dual Drive bov... some turbos will be bad but its kinda rare... i used the Ebay kit for 2 FREAKIN YEARS!!! RAN LIKE A CHAMP!!! couldnt be happier.... and nothing happened... i just had a Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 450cc Blue top Injectors with Resistor box...thicker Head Gasket.... and a Chipped p06 ECU... on my D15B7...STOCK!!! sooo dont let people tell you ****... i had it on 8.5 psi and RAN AWSOME!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow. what kind of post is this?
1) who the hell are you demanding us to answer your question?
2) you DID NOT search since this topic has been CONSTANTLY asked
3) YOUR IN THE WRONG F***ING FORUM kid!
and lastly 4) if you dont know **** about hondas or turbos, STAY OUT OF IT. you will end up blowing a whole through your engine
Old 02-02-2009, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah mang, do it. if you want your **** to go slow faster.
na is where its at.. btw epic fail @ your "TURBO FOR BUMB PEOPLE."
Old 02-02-2009, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rjmancia
LIES..... hey bro... u wanna do it, DO IT MANG! i had a Garrett turbo... blew up... had a Turbonetics... blew up... soo i said u know what... im gonna go ahead and try out the EBAY kits... and i got it... put it on but the only flaw is the Oil lines and Blow off valve... i changed them to Innovative steel lines and got me a Blitz Dual Drive bov... some turbos will be bad but its kinda rare... i used the Ebay kit for 2 FREAKIN YEARS!!! RAN LIKE A CHAMP!!! couldnt be happier.... and nothing happened... i just had a Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 450cc Blue top Injectors with Resistor box...thicker Head Gasket.... and a Chipped p06 ECU... on my D15B7...STOCK!!! sooo dont let people tell you ****... i had it on 8.5 psi and RAN AWSOME!!!
dude what kind of bull **** is this?
those 2 previous turbos probably didnt know up. like you said, you were running stock.
so no. YOU blew those 2 up. and btw, TURBOS DONT BLOW UP!
its your stock engine that cant take that much Hp.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

stock d series rods can usually handle around 225 whp is what ive come to find out on this site...now d15b7 rods are even more thin than d16 rods so i wouldnt run more than 180whp...i think im making around 165whp with my b7... thats with just a basemap cuz i have a z6 ready for a swap and the b7 isnt worth the money to tune to me... and RjMancia all i can imagine with your garrett and turbonetic turbo im sure it was something you did to make the turbo "blow up" idk even know how you can blow up a turbo but im sure the seals or something went which means u prolly didnt hook up the oil lines right or something....
Old 02-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by turbojdmhatch
stock d series rods can usually handle around 225 whp is what ive come to find out on this site...now d15b7 rods are even more thin than d16 rods so i wouldnt run more than 180whp...i think im making around 165whp with my b7... thats with just a basemap cuz i have a z6 ready for a swap and the b7 isnt worth the money to tune to me... and RjMancia all i can imagine with your garrett and turbonetic turbo im sure it was something you did to make the turbo "blow up" idk even know how you can blow up a turbo but im sure the seals or something went which means u prolly didnt hook up the oil lines right or something....
x2
Old 02-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this thread should be locked. i am going to report this pointless, stupid ****
Old 02-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by flydruss
right people i want this plane and simple. do you have to buy new pistons, fule pump, injectors, ECU map, ect or can i just buy a bolt on turbo like the t3/t4 i see on ebay and put it on with no mods. lets make this TURBO FOR BUMB PEOPLE. thank you very much . idont want any s**t on here i have been lookin at other posts cant make head nor tale of any of them. sorry for been so rude but you can see wher im comin from
Some guy on d-series.org had an ebay kit. Read this if you wanna find out more and the result.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92749
Old 02-02-2009, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by unseen racer
this thread should be locked. I am going to report this pointless, stupid ****
thank you!
Old 02-02-2009, 08:59 AM
MiG-21 superfan

Originally Posted by flydruss
OP, you need to continue to research the forums and the internet much further before you do anything else, including posting in this manner.

best of luck; you will find what you need through patience.