Notices

ebay turbo going bad

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 05:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebay turbo going bad

hey guys i gotta xs turbo kit.. car makes good power and aint that bad,, thing is when i let off the boost i get a loud clicking noise when its chattering thur the turbo.. i do got alot of back and forth play in the shaft. now should i go thru the turbo or just get a new one? can i buy a turbo seal kit for it(t3t04e).83/.50air any suggestions?
Old 10-17-2006, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ebay turbo going bad (TurbodTegSfaria)

your better off throwing that thing in the trash...... there are plenty of new/used turbos here on HT that are worth buying.....
Old 10-17-2006, 06:18 AM

Default Re: ebay turbo going bad (BoostedEG6)

where can i buy a turbo on here??
Old 10-17-2006, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

forced induction classifieds for a used one.
Sponsors market place for a new one
Old 10-17-2006, 06:32 AM

get a new ebay one, just get a oil restrictor if you dont already have one. Why spend 1,000 dollars on a turbo when you could buy 3 ebay turbos for that. Im sorry i just cant justify paying that much on a turbo now. The SSAC turbos do just fine.

click this link

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1730931
Old 10-17-2006, 06:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ebay turbo going bad (Black00em1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Black00em1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why spend 1,000 dollars on a turbo when you could buy 3 ebay turbos for that. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Not all turbos are $1,000

here are some places to start looking
https://honda-tech.com/zeroforum/49
http://hondamarketplace.com/zeroforum/39
Old 10-17-2006, 06:51 AM

Default Re: ebay turbo going bad (Black00em1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Black00em1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get a new ebay one, just get a oil restrictor if you dont already have one. Why spend 1,000 dollars on a turbo when you could buy 3 ebay turbos for that. Im sorry i just cant justify paying that much on a turbo now. The SSAC turbos do just fine.

click this link

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1730931</TD></TR></TABLE>

agreed
Old 10-17-2006, 07:35 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurbodTegSfaria &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ebay turbo going bad</TD></TR></TABLE>

and this is a surprise why?
refer to sig
/thread
Old 10-17-2006, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ebay turbo going bad (wantboost)

buy another i did

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...49124

oh an an atpturbo.com oil restrictor. hope that saves the seals this time around
Old 10-17-2006, 07:39 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Default Re: ebay turbo going bad (93CX)

you bought the shittiest ebay turbo of all the ebay turbos... xs power sucks, the ssac turbos are better. but not much (yes they are two different turbos)
Old 10-17-2006, 07:45 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get a new ebay one, just get a oil restrictor if you dont already have one. Why spend 1,000 dollars on a turbo when you could buy 3 ebay turbos for that. Im sorry i just cant justify paying that much on a turbo now. The SSAC turbos do just fine. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Because if you were to buy a $1000 turbo, not that you have to, you would have something that will probably outlast the other 3...not to mention the $1k turbo will have a lot more resale value....
Old 10-17-2006, 08:05 AM

Default Re: (Schister66)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Because if you were to buy a $1000 turbo, not that you have to, you would have something that will probably outlast the other 3...not to mention the $1k turbo will have a lot more resale value....</TD></TR></TABLE>

But again... will that turbo out last the 3 turbos? Doubtful...

Again. I dont care if you spend 300 on a turbo or 2k if you beat the **** out of it sooner or later its going to take a ****. Ive seen personaly precision turbos go out just as fast as a SSAC turbo or my turbonetics turbo. The key to runing a ebay turbo is a oil restrictor. When a turbo is only ment to see 15psi of oil pressure having a honda at 60psi at wot is only going to shorten the turbos life ALOT faster with out a oil restrictor. There are plenty of people on this forum (please click the link above i posted) that have ran them for over a year and some two years with NO problems. I think the newer ssac turbos are alot better designed then the old ones where people use to have the horror stories. Since then people have only had good things come from them and made good power with them. I think in this guys case buying another one is the best way to go. Besides who buys a turbo to just turn around and sell it?
Old 10-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurbodTegSfaria &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">when i let off the boost i get a loud clicking noise when its chattering thur the turbo.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You guys are soo caught up on bad mouthing xs power stuff, you guys totally forgot to mention some of the most obvious resolutions to the problem.

Your BOV might not be opening up. check the vacuum lines going to it, or double check that the piston is opening up under vacuum. That might be the reason your turbo is chattering, due to the charge pressure not letting go when your trottle plate closes.

It might as well be because of cheap ebay BOV, but instead of just flaming any thread with xs power or ssac in it. Let get off the band wagon and actually solve some problems DIY style.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ebay turbo going bad (Dangger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dangger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You guys are soo caught up on bad mouthing xs power stuff, you guys totally forgot to mention some of the most obvious resolutions to the problem.

Your BOV might not be opening up. check the vacuum lines going to it, or double check that the piston is opening up under vacuum. That might be the reason your turbo is chattering, due to the charge pressure not letting go when your trottle plate closes.

It might as well be because of cheap ebay BOV, but instead of just flaming any thread with xs power or ssac in it. Let get off the band wagon and actually solve some problems DIY style.</TD></TR></TABLE>

all valid input, but i can't seem to forget a thread showing one of their compressor housings help together with what looked like epoxy
Old 10-17-2006, 10:06 AM

its a ebay special turbo, thats why its going bad
Old 10-17-2006, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ebay turbo going bad (Dangger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by a1320addict &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">all valid input, but i can't seem to forget a thread showing one of their compressor housings help together with what looked like epoxy </TD></TR></TABLE>

That and compressor surge and clicking is totally different sounds..... I bet that turbo is beyond rebuildable... blades have been probably hitting the compressor housing because of so much shaft play
Old 10-17-2006, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so you guys are saying just throw a restrictor on the turbo and that will save it/make it last longer...

Now are you using a restrictor with a -4AN line or a -3AN line with a restrictor?

I had always hear -4An with restrictor or just straight -3AN... curious to what u guys are doin
Old 10-17-2006, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you bought the shittiest ebay turbo of all the ebay turbos... xs power sucks, the ssac turbos are better. but not much (yes they are two different turbos)</TD></TR></TABLE>are you serious?? look at the XSpower auctions and see who the seller is...

SSAUTOCHROME!!

all those turbos are made by the same chinese manufacturer, doesnt matter what ebay seller you get them from...
Old 10-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Default Re: ebay turbo going bad (ryan89crx)

they are actually different turbos. believe it or not.
the construction of the hosings and chras is different
Old 10-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

and this is a surprise why?
refer to sig
/thread</TD></TR></TABLE>

Here is my Idea. Before posting in the forced induction forum, there should be some sort of a "test" which requires people to read a few off the previous threads about all ssac/ebay/etc products, and then complete a true/false or multiple choice test so they will know about it before even posting. I know it's a little far out, but eventually a day will come where there won't be 5 new posts about it every day. Just a though.

BTW... love the sig
Old 10-18-2006, 04:58 AM

Default Re: ebay turbo going bad (BB6-213)

dam i dont know what to do.. all honesty i dont wanna spend a grand on a turbo gt35r..whatever, it would be nice.. as long as my car dont burn oil everytime i take a sharp turn and sounds like its going to break after i let off then i dont really care what turbo i get.. im saying,how long can i get off one of those newer ssautochrome turbos with a resistor??and what is the resistor? my turbo is now about 3 years and other than the oil burning now and then and now the clunk. its a good turbo it def. does the job plus id rather spend the money on tuneing time
Old 10-18-2006, 05:25 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurbodTegSfaria &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im saying,how long can i get off one of those newer ssautochrome turbos with a resistor?? </TD></TR></TABLE>
I don't know, depends on how tight the turbo is
Sorry, I just had to, moving on.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Schister66)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Because if you were to buy a $1000 turbo, not that you have to, you would have something that will probably outlast the other 3...not to mention the $1k turbo will have a lot more resale value....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not always true. I had a turbonetics bb t3 60-1. the turbo took a dump . -3an line, No bends in he oil return either. It is too costly to repair it so I have opted for a ebay turbo.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurbodTegSfaria &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my turbo is now about 3 years and other than the oil burning now and then and now the clunk. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The fact that you've had that ebay turbo working for 3 years now is a big thumbsup!. some of these guys can't even say that much with their brand name. if you have the money by all means get the brand name stuff, but if you can make an ebay turbo work for that long, I say get another one and try it out with and oil restrictor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...photo