Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

transmission problem?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission problem?

I am having trouble shifting gears. I got a act pressure plate on it, but dont think that matter that much. Well i first noticed this problem a months after i changed the transmission fluid and had a swap. same motor, first motor blew it was a b16. At first my slave cylinder for the clutch gave out it was leaking, etc. then i replaced with a gsr slave, worked fine for a few days, then had to keep repressurizing it for ever week or so, then it just didnt work help repressurizing anyway, i swapped the slave with a cheap 15 dollar one at kragen. work somewhat good for a few days, then same problem. more quite sure what the problem is, but sometimes i am flooing the clutch and i put it in and i can hear grinding. or i would have to pump twice or more for 1 gear to go in. doesnt seem to be any leaks. resevior is full. when i shift i might even have to force it in. any suggestions?
Old 10-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: transmission problem?

Maybe the hydraulic system still has some air in it or the clutch master cylinder is bad.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

get a friend, bleed your clutch thoroughly. if thats no good, try pulling your master cylinder off and adjusting it so the fork is backed farther off the threads closer to your pedal (that is if you have a lot of play in your pedal)
On my auto to manual swap, I had a lot of trouble shifting into gear... was grinding a lot trying to hit reverse, and I had a lot of play... backed my master cylinder almost all the way off and there is little play and it shifts very nicely.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the master cylinder was replaced too when the swap was done, my oem couldnt handle the act clutch and was replaced with an aftermarket, afterwards it work fine, im hoping its not something inside the transmission like pilot bearing etc, dotn want to pulll apart, i have bled my clutch so many times that i cant even count. everything was fine and everything until my slave cylinder blew out, then after that it started going downhill.

Last edited by dragonkx; 10-27-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont know bro.. maybe you drive too hard or something >.> lol. throwout bearings? input shaft bearings?
idk if it would be any of that because you would hear your trans whistling either A. with clutch pressed in, or B. with the clutch disengaged.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well i dont really beat on my car, unless i go to the race track like once a year, i only use vtech like 1 or 5 times a year only. I dont really hear any noise coming from my transmission.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try doing the clutch pedal free play adjustment like joe monster said if not use an oe clutch master cylinder. you dont need an after market brand its bs
Old 11-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well it turns out you guys were right it was the master cylinder. after a few days i heard like a noise coming from the clutch pedal and check and there was liquid coming from it, but strangely enough my resevior was still full. i warranteed the master cylinder, played with the pedal and now it works fine, hopefully it lasts but thanks for the help