Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Tranny Sticking at High RPM HELP???

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny Sticking at High RPM HELP???

hey I have a 94 hatch with a GSR I have a ACT4 puck unsprung clutch on a stock pressure plate, never had a problem for about 1 year, at high rpm the tranny is tight coming out of second and going into third, normal driving right after racing it is smooth as hell, also if i let the car cool down and then go get on it to test the problem it dosent seem to do it untill my 3rd time going from 2nd to 3rd. . . and ideas, also someone told me that my slave cylendar might be going bad or i might have air before the master and to bleed the whole thing? ? ?
Old 08-11-2005, 06:33 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: Tranny Sticking at High RPM HELP??? (EGmmBAH)

Sounds like the clutch isn't releasing all the way at high rpm, so it's like you're trying to yank it out of gear without pressing the clutch in - does that make sense?

Sounds like it may be time for a new clutch, and also you could inspect your clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder for fluid leaks just to be sure.

Clutch master cylinder is located under your dash where the clutch pedal pivot is - look for grimey wetness/brake fluid to see if it's leaking.

Clutch slave is located on the tranny towards the front of the clutch housing - it's a cast-iron black piece. Pull the rubber boot to the side to see if there's any fluid in it or coming from the slave cylinder.

I doubt either of these is your problem, but it always helps to check them anyways.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tranny Sticking at High RPM HELP??? (B18C5-EH2)

yeah neither one of them are leaking and the ckutch is fairly new and i dont beat on the car often. . .
Old 08-11-2005, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Tranny Sticking at High RPM HELP??? (EGmmBAH)

I have a similer proplem with mine as well, I'm running the act XCTSS clutch and matching pressure plate. When I drive its perfectly fine, now If im racing on OCCASION not allways I'll grind going into second gear if im racing and have the engine reved high at about 6k+. Im assuming its a trans proplem with the syncro not being able to sync up at that speed since it will do it daily driving. I'm planning on switching out the trans soon anyway because of anther proplem (No 5th gear) soon enough hopefully by monday. I'll be sure to post back with the results but if someone has some insight to why this is happening.

Not trying to jack your thread buddy but it sounds like were maybe having the same proplem?