Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Tranny problems part two ><

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny problems part two ><

Ok so as a few people helped me with the last problem I figured someone may have come across this before. I just replaced the flywheel and Put in a full Clutch kit. The car ran great for a week and now while moving in or out of gear it clunks in idle no noise just a little flywheel chatter but I wa asuming that's normal due to the stage 2 clutch, it refuses to go into 1st while moving and hates downshifting, the motor is a b18b1 with an ls tranny, the shaft comming outa the tranny had a little play in it when it was out. Should I just get a new tranny >< kinda confused at this point. Ideas or help would be great
Old 08-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tranny problems part two ><

Did you flush your tranny fluid when you did the install? Try bleeding the clutch line if its a hydro tranny.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes i flushed the fluid and replaced it.
how do you bleed the clutch ? i didnt see anything of the sort to bleed it. its pretty much an ls longblock so idk if i can bleed it. is there a thing to bleed it ? like brakes ?

ok. so 15 mins ago. im pulling into a parking lot. waiting behind a few cars at a stop sign and my engine started making a BAD sound.
to be put in words. it sounded like a rc car that NEEEEEE sound. turned it off let it cool down then drove it at like 2mph home. luckly i was 200 ft from my house. the noise was gone. when the noise happended i was in neutral with my foot off the clutch. so im confused to be put lightely...
i replaced the starter too. could it be shot ? im trying to think whats in that line of power that moves while in neutral out of gear.
ima check the fluid on it and it may be leaking fluid and be low ?
bearing in the tranny flew out and got mashed into someting ?

bearing in mind i dont really understand the insides of a manual tranny. ive rebuild 2 auto trannies and understand that.
not gonna drive it til i fix this.
BLAH !!! the only problems hondas have are transmission >< fml
Old 08-13-2010, 03:20 AM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by blu3fan
yes i flushed the fluid and replaced it.
how do you bleed the clutch ? i didnt see anything of the sort to bleed it. its pretty much an ls longblock so idk if i can bleed it. is there a thing to bleed it ? like brakes ?
Yep, slave cylinder bolted to bell housing, there's a bleeder on it the same as a brake caliper or wheel cylinder. You bleed a clutch just like you would bleed brakes.

ok. so 15 mins ago. im pulling into a parking lot. waiting behind a few cars at a stop sign and my engine started making a BAD sound.
to be put in words. it sounded like a rc car that NEEEEEE sound. turned it off let it cool down then drove it at like 2mph home. luckly i was 200 ft from my house. the noise was gone. when the noise happended i was in neutral with my foot off the clutch. so im confused to be put lightely...
i replaced the starter too. could it be shot ? im trying to think whats in that line of power that moves while in neutral out of gear.
ima check the fluid on it and it may be leaking fluid and be low ?
bearing in the tranny flew out and got mashed into someting ?
Could have been a mainshaft bearing gone bad, they aren't hard to replace

bearing in mind i dont really understand the insides of a manual tranny. ive rebuild 2 auto trannies and understand that.
not gonna drive it til i fix this.
BLAH !!! the only problems hondas have are transmission >< fml
Rebuilding manual transmissions is a hell of a lot easier than an automatic. Its all pretty simple stuff and its usually pretty obvious what happened.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So let's say I drove it about 5 miles to my friends shop, could anything else get damaged in the process of moving if it's the mainshaft bearing. I'm hoping this will be an easy fix it's gonna need tranny to be pulled but that's just time it's not hard.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

So let's say I drove it about 5 miles to my friends shop, could anything else get damaged in the process of moving if it's the mainshaft bearing.
usually no, I have seen exactly one mainshaft get ruined by a mainshaft bearing that went bad and i'm pretty sure it was bad for a long time

I'm hoping this will be an easy fix it's gonna need tranny to be pulled but that's just time it's not hard.
shouldn't bad at all, check all the bearings, usually a bad input shaft bearing will just be the inner and outer races and the *****, the plastic cage in tiny pieces throughout the tranny
Old 08-13-2010, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok. ima order the parts from honda and hopefully get this done asap ><
after this lets hope im not gonna find any more problems engine and such wise for a while, and i can get the biatch painted