Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

TPS Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPS Adjustment

How do I adjsut my tps on a 93 civic ex, and dont just say a mulit meter. What wires do I test on. Thanks Jordan
Old 12-14-2006, 04:13 PM

Default Re: TPS Adjustment (Jordanwma53)

the tps sensors are not supposed to be adjusted or fixed. Your supposed to buy a new throttle body. but you can temporarly fix the problem by either adjusting the throttle stop screw or grinding slots on the tps screws to loosen and adjust. The only issue is that it is a Temporary fix, and after adjustment it's hard to get it back to where it used to be. My suggestion is source out a decient used throttle body or even upgrade.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: TPS Adjustment (4g_accord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4g_accord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the tps sensors are not supposed to be adjusted or fixed. Your supposed to buy a new throttle body. but you can temporarly fix the problem by either adjusting the throttle stop screw or grinding slots on the tps screws to loosen and adjust. The only issue is that it is a Temporary fix, and after adjustment it's hard to get it back to where it used to be. My suggestion is source out a decient used throttle body or even upgrade. </TD></TR></TABLE>
nonsence that would be a waste of money. so you think when a car is assembled they just pop on a throttle body with a tps magicly on there adjusted right. i just turned mine until the cel went away. ill look it up for you on how to do it exactly. dont buy a whole throttle body for one little sensor. it will fit in your pocket if you go to pick n pull.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: TPS Adjustment (e jay one)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by e jay one &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nonsence that would be a waste of money. so you think when a car is assembled they just pop on a throttle body with a tps magicly on there adjusted right. i just turned mine until the cel went away. ill look it up for you on how to do it exactly. dont buy a whole throttle body for one little sensor. it will fit in your pocket if you go to pick n pull.</TD></TR></TABLE>

turning it till a cel goes away isnt the best way to do it.

i had problems with my tps but it only threw a code at WOT.

its the middle wire i believe. (its red) just use a multimeter, cut a slit in the sheething on the wire...contact there and a good ground&lt;---IMPORTANT

.45 v closed 4.5 v WOT

/thread
Old 12-14-2006, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: TPS Adjustment (92ehatch)

4g_accord is telling you the **** right out of the shop manual. Honda doesn't even sell a TPS by itself. You have to buy the TB (though I hear the Honda Gold Wing TPS can be used too).

There should be nothing to adjust. If you're getting TPS codes, it probably needs to be replaced. The shop manual tells you how to test it so, you need to adjust it to meet the test requirement right?
Old 12-14-2006, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TPS Adjustment (MasterKwan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MasterKwan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">4g_accord is telling you the **** right out of the shop manual. Honda doesn't even sell a TPS by itself. You have to buy the TB (though I hear the Honda Gold Wing TPS can be used too).

There should be nothing to adjust. If you're getting TPS codes, it probably needs to be replaced. The shop manual tells you how to test it so, you need to adjust it to meet the test requirement right? </TD></TR></TABLE>

so your saying when u buy say a skunk2 t.b that doesnt come with sensors your not suppose to reuse the tps... or if someone buys an aftermarket t.b how are u suppose to adjust it?
Old 12-15-2006, 05:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: TPS Adjustment (del_slow420)

you can swap tps sensors over. i did on my str throttle body.

on the back of the tps are screws. you have to cut slits in them to get it off. after you do that buy some allen head screws to replace those.

then do the instructions i listed above.

if oyu need another tps i have one i can sell you.