Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Tires/rims and bodyparts help

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires/rims and bodyparts help

I have a 1997 Civic EX Coupe All white with auto tranny.
And i have this big lump on my tire,which is an obvious sign that i need to replace them.

So what im wondering is that i've found some nice tires+rims on CL, but im not sure whether nor not they will work with my car and if the price is reasonable or not.

Here's the tires/rims i found on CL:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/pts/2644066011.html

I'm running with 195/50R15 82 H tires, and some GSR blades.

Here's my car:

I also had an accident and luckily, only the rear bumper is damaged and some other part that i have no name for.
I'm not sure where to buy a replacement for it,and if the cost is going high, cuz im pretty short on cash.

The part that im talking about is the section of metal under the right taillight,and above the bumper. Its like a 4x8 rectangular piece of metal.

So any thoughts?
Old 10-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Tires/rims and bodyparts help

Why not buy some tires for those gsr blades I bought 4 slightly used tires for 20 bucks
Old 10-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Wrona
Why not buy some tires for those gsr blades I bought 4 slightly used tires for 20 bucks
Do you have a good source? I can hardly buy one, threadbare tire on CL around here for 20$, let alone four...
Old 10-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm not digging the GSR blades right now. What im really in it for is the koskei rims.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bloojays23
I'm not digging the GSR blades right now. What im really in it for is the koskei rims.
they're nice if you throw those GSR blades on the marketplace they'll sell quick im looking for a set myself on my teg project coming up
Old 10-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sell them to me... or better yet donate them lol
Old 10-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not sure that they will just bc its a 4 lug doesnt mean they will fit. but running a 15x7 you will be fine.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am curious what you want to know about the metal piece? Any dealer can get that for you or a junk yard.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Your best bet is the junkyard but my drivers side was dented so All i did was worked it out with a rubber mallet and a palm iron and it came out great you can use a number Of things Just be gentle and keep the blades Just moar low itll look good
Old 10-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the kosei and drizzea ombo on CL is a good deal. i think the (wheels are $100 each new and tires $100 each also) i think its more suited setup and intended for track racing or cornering purposes. the tires them selves are pretty good. these wheels are often used by road course racers and people who drive hard so be careful they could bent other than that i would get them
Old 10-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I might put gsr rims on the market, they're pretty scuffed,not by me though. ( From the previous owner)

I asked the seller on the Kosei if he was willing to trade with cash on top and he said "No" so im going to have to wait for my next paycheck cause i cant afford it for 600 right now.

As for the metal piece im talking about, I'm not sure what the part is called, so i'm having kind of a hard time searching replacement parts for it. I got into a little fender bender and that little rectangle metal part under the light is pushed pretty deep in and i have a fat dent/crack on the bumper aswell(Not shown in pics)

I haven't been to any junk/auto part yards yet, but im hoping to drop by soon. Does anyone have a estimated price on the that part and the rear bumper aswell? I dont want to get ripped off. And im also in need of some exterior trim on the drivers door (you can see scratches and paint scuffing on the pics), and a new passenger mirror as well.

Sorry for the long post, but thanks for the help everyone. Pretty amazed at the fast replys.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bloojays23
I might put gsr rims on the market, they're pretty scuffed,not by me though. ( From the previous owner)

I asked the seller on the Kosei if he was willing to trade with cash on top and he said "No" so im going to have to wait for my next paycheck cause i cant afford it for 600 right now.

As for the metal piece im talking about, I'm not sure what the part is called, so i'm having kind of a hard time searching replacement parts for it. I got into a little fender bender and that little rectangle metal part under the light is pushed pretty deep in and i have a fat dent/crack on the bumper aswell(Not shown in pics)

I haven't been to any junk/auto part yards yet, but im hoping to drop by soon. Does anyone have a estimated price on the that part and the rear bumper aswell? I dont want to get ripped off. And im also in need of some exterior trim on the drivers door (you can see scratches and paint scuffing on the pics), and a new passenger mirror as well.

Sorry for the long post, but thanks for the help everyone. Pretty amazed at the fast replys.
Anywhere between $30 - $50 for the metal part.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:46 AM
Trial User

nice