Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

tinting windows

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tinting windows

i want to tint my windows as legally dark as they can go. i live in cali and don't know what the darkest i can do legally.if anybody can tell me that be great and if anyone in the bay area knows of a place thats good and pretty cheap and how much i can expect to pay.
Old 06-28-2004, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: tinting windows (egcoupe)

Around here it's 35% on the fronts and 20% on the back I think. Expect to pay around 175-200 where I am as well.

As far as your area call up your local police station. I'm sure they'll be able to tell you.
Old 06-28-2004, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cali u cant even have ur front windows done
Old 06-28-2004, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah 35% in front is the rule in md, and that is pretty damn light if u ask me. I got mine 20% all around, for $150 with a lifetime warranty against bubbles n ****
Old 06-28-2004, 05:22 PM

Default Re: (infamous_eL jDm)

for the front do you mean the driver and passenger?
Old 06-28-2004, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbotime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbotime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah 35% in front is the rule in md, and that is pretty damn light if u ask me. I got mine 20% all around, for $150 with a lifetime warranty against bubbles n ****</TD></TR></TABLE>
what do you want-a limo?!35% is pretty dark,especially combined with 20% on all the windows behind the fronts.i'm happy with 50% all the way around-blocks a good bit of light,keeps the car cooler,and cops aren't ready to shoot you as they walk up to your car.
Chris
Old 06-28-2004, 05:45 PM

Default Re: (infamous_eL jDm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by infamous_eL jDm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">cali u cant even have ur front windows done </TD></TR></TABLE>

This is true. In Cali you cannot have you front pass or drivers side windows tinted at all. Even the lightest tint will get you pulled over. The only people i know that have their fronts tinted are people with beemers that come with tinted glass. Other than that....no
Old 06-28-2004, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbotime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbotime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah 35% in front is the rule in md, and that is pretty damn light if u ask me. I got mine 20% all around, for $150 with a lifetime warranty against bubbles n ****</TD></TR></TABLE>

have cops ever hasseled you?
Old 06-28-2004, 06:33 PM
Electrician

15% all around. Here in Texas there really isn't any law, unless you do 5% (Limo) all around (but even then they don't do **** even if they see you). I was tempted to do so, but just did 15%. The guy that installed them is a friend of my dad's so he placed the "DPS Approved 35%" badge on both front windows even though they're 15%. Perfect tint IMO. Enough to see a silhouette and shadow and enough to block the sun pretty good. $100 w/ lifetime warranty.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:50 PM

Default Re: (Dimi)

Taken from the CHP website:

"The main requirements for legal window tinting in California are:

1. The windshield and front driver's side and passenger's side windows cannot receive any aftermarket tinting.
2. If the rear window of a vehicle is tinted, the vehicle must have outside rearview mirrors on both sides.

The law prohibits any person from driving any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows, with certain limited exceptions.

However, legislation signed into law effective January 1, 1999, exempts from the above prohibition specified clear, colorless, and transparent material that is installed, affixed, or applied to the front driver and passenger side windows for the specific purpose of reducing ultraviolet rays. If, as, or when this material becomes torn, bubbled or otherwise worn, it must be removed or replaced."

You can also tint the upper 4" of your windshield.

The only exception is for people w/ medical conditions. They are allowed to use tint on their front windows. It must be removable, can't be used at night, and they must have a note from their doctor. In this case they can have a 35% tint.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (crashN2u)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crashN2u &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Taken from the CHP website:

"The main requirements for legal window tinting in California are:

1. The windshield and front driver's side and passenger's side windows cannot receive any aftermarket tinting.
2. If the rear window of a vehicle is tinted, the vehicle must have outside rearview mirrors on both sides.

The law prohibits any person from driving any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows, with certain limited exceptions.

However, legislation signed into law effective January 1, 1999, exempts from the above prohibition specified clear, colorless, and transparent material that is installed, affixed, or applied to the front driver and passenger side windows for the specific purpose of reducing ultraviolet rays. If, as, or when this material becomes torn, bubbled or otherwise worn, it must be removed or replaced."

You can also tint the upper 4" of your windshield.

The only exception is for people w/ medical conditions. They are allowed to use tint on their front windows. It must be removable, can't be used at night, and they must have a note from their doctor. In this case they can have a 35% tint. </TD></TR></TABLE>

true.. and to think this law has been in effect since 1987.

Out-of-State cars driven in California are required to be in compliance with the CA Tint law aswell....