Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

throttle body spacerttl

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle body spacerttl

I think Im about to order a throttle body spacer. Im just wondering if anyone here has one or knows anything about them. Do they really work? Even give like 2 hp? Please help me...also Im going to get a bigger throttle body. Would that help me out some with torque? Thanks for the help
Old 07-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: throttle body spacerttl (JDMcivicRacing)

The bigger throttle body will help more than the spacer will. I'm not even sure if the spacer will do anything.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:59 AM

i'm not 100% sure but i think those spacers only work well with high horsepower engings, and a bigger throttle body alone will gain a few horsepower, i don't know if it will gain any torque though
Old 07-08-2005, 12:02 PM

Location: San Diego, I miss Chicago, but love SD, CA, US of fuckin A

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMcivicRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think Im about to order a throttle body spacer. Im just wondering if anyone here has one or knows anything about them. Do they really work? Even give like 2 hp? Please help me...also Im going to get a bigger throttle body. Would that help me out some with torque? Thanks for the help</TD></TR></TABLE> Increasing the intake opening is always a good thing. More air to burn. But if you aren't familiar with these components really look into what your getting. Most larger throttle bodies and spacers require port matching to optimize flow. Plus I would have a ram/cold air intake on there as well, 3" preffered. You need port matching because without it the larger opening on the spacer will cause a lip that will only make the intake air more turbulant and restricted(no good).. So if you don't trust yourself with moding your intake manifold see how much shop work will cost on the work.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: throttle body spacerttl (chowmien)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chowmien &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The bigger throttle body will help more than the spacer will. I'm not even sure if the spacer will do anything.</TD></TR></TABLE>Usually spacers are required to run big throttle bodies. Like Edelbrock has some 75mm TBs but they require the matching spacer so they can be mounted to the IM. The larger throttle bodies usually have a different/larger bolt pattern.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: throttle body spacerttl (Civicse)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Civicse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm not 100% sure but i think those spacers only work well with high horsepower engings, and a bigger throttle body alone will gain a few horsepower, i don't know if it will gain any torque though</TD></TR></TABLE> On a stock motor with minimal parts it wont do **** for how much you will spend. Now if you have some good money under the hood I would say go for it. I just used an ITR 70mm and bored it out to 72mm micro-polished and perfect port matching on the intake manifold, again micro-polished. But this was done on a JDM B16A pushing 184Whp before changing the **** up.. Gave a much nicer sound, some power and a little TQ. Nothing substantial on the dyno. But once cold air was moving through there on the toll roads, I could feel it in the pedal pretty nice and the sound drastically changed for the better. BTW the micro-polish was pretty maticulous. After tons of wet sanding with the 3m 340, 400, 600, 800, 1200 grit papers I switched to the micro kit which is these phatty sanding cloths (most of them feel like leather) with 10 different grits from 1500 to 20000. Thats right 20,000 grit sandpaper. Bare al. to an almost chrome shine. My **** has no restriction now, LOL
Old 07-08-2005, 12:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: throttle body spacerttl (HondaFanatic708)

spacer=waste of money
Old 07-08-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: throttle body spacerttl (chad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">spacer=waste of money</TD></TR></TABLE>Yes a spacer alone is pointless. But if the throttle body requires it then it wouldn't be..
Old 07-08-2005, 02:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: throttle body spacerttl (HondaFanatic708)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaFanatic708 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes a spacer alone is pointless. But if the throttle body requires it then it wouldn't be..</TD></TR></TABLE>

a big throttle body on a d series is pointless too!!
Old 07-08-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: throttle body spacerttl (chad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

a big throttle body on a d series is pointless too!!</TD></TR></TABLE>Yeah unless you have huge huge money in it..