Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Thinking of a possible new project...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thinking of a possible new project...

Hi, I recently have gotten rid of my 94 civic coupe, just got sick of all the problems.

I have a 2000 Eclipse thats my DD which I am about to pay off soon...so i'll have lots of extra $$$ laying around

I'm thinking I want to buy a shell...start from scratch and work on it.
My main problem with my first civic was the fact that it was my DD as well as my project, and we all know how that goes...when your doing one thing to your car, you have no car to drive for the day

So my question is, are basically all 92-95 civic hatch parts interchangable with one another? I know its hard to just goto any local junkyard to find parts for a car like this, because the day the car comes in it gets stripped in less than 24 hours.

I'm thinking to just look for a 92-95 Hatch, but I'm also considering a 96-00 if I can get a good price on a clean shell...

Would parts be a different price for a 92-95 Hatch, opposed to a 96-00 ? I Love both body styles, and I would enjoy having either one...
Also, is it easier to find certain parts for one generation over the other?

Thanks
Old 11-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Thinking of a possible new project... (rleonekc)

yea 92-95 parts are interchangeable except for some of the si/ex parts(doors windows. stuff like that)
and coupe and hatch and sedan have diff externals parts as well

well at the junk yard it's easier to find 92-95 civic pars. way easier to find than the 96-00.
I suggest getting the OBDI 92-95 civic. It's way less of a hassle if you plan to start from scratch. bun i really the ek's are nicer in some ways.

well my 2 cents. good luck with your decision.

EDIT: forcefedferio haha cool i guess just the part numbers change.
I know somewhat a little. i used to have a little over 2k posts. as a matter of fact me and you used to quote eachother and agree with each other allot.

Modified by Dead CIVIC at 10:15 PM 11/7/2007
Old 11-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Thinking of a possible new project... (Dead CIVIC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dead CIVIC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea 92-95 parts are interchangeable except for some of the si/ex parts(doors windows. stuff like that)
and coupe and hatch and sedan have diff externals parts as well

well at the junk yard it's easier to find 92-95 civic pars. way easier to find than the 96-00.
I suggest getting the OBDI 92-95 civic. It's way less of a hassle if you plan to start from scratch. bun i really the ek's are nicer in some ways.

well my 2 cents. good luck with your decision.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

well, atleast the middle part is true.

MOST parts are interchangeable as for the ex/si doors and windows not fitting they actually DO fit from coupe to hatch and vice versa. For instance say you end up with a CX/DX hatch or a DX coupe and want power options....power window regulators and wiring from an EX/SI will work you will just need the door panel....hell you can put the whole door on if you'd like.

if you aren't sure about something, well then ask that's what we're here for.