Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Is there anything wrong with my shocks/springs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there anything wrong with my shocks/springs?

Lately ive began to notice a squeaking sound coming from my front right shock tower area when i make turns at slower speeds and go over bumps in the road. What is this, is it normal? I know my shocks arn't blown because theres no fluid and the car dosent bounch abonormally, the set up is Tociko blues and ebachi sp? springs.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check all bolts, one could be loose. check that the spring is seated correctly.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (MichaelJComputer)

how exactly do you see if its seated correctly? forgive me for any newbness im not to familair with suspention at all really when i bought the car these mods were alreday done to it.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (blackcivic95)

This comes from the weekly "Motorway" section in the Long Beach Press Telegram. "It's inevitable. Some time during the life of your vehicle, you will have to replace some pieces of the front suspension, often because the bushings wear out. Why are bushings needed? You don't want to feel every bump in the road, so your car is suspended via flexible joints that allow the wheels to move with the road while keeping the ride smooth and level. The bushings are used at the points where the car is 'hinged' to the suspension. Rubber, polygraphite and polyurethane are among the common materials used in bushings. These materials keep the fit of the suspension components tight while providing enough 'give' to help the components last. Materials such as rubber soften the 'feel' of the car, while stiffer materials, such as polyurethane, add noise and, usually, ride harshness. Over time, these 'soft parts' wear out and need replacing. Clunking and rattling are usually the first signs of bushings that are ready for replacement." So basically you should also check your bushings. I don't know if this is the problem or has anything to do with your problem just thought I would through it out there as an idea. Hope it helps