Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

TECH SCHOOL

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TECH SCHOOL

Hey Guys! I haven't been on here in a while and I need some help! I'm almost finished with my AS Auto Tech degree and have to make a decision on what to do next. My goal is to eventually open my own race/customizing shop. Here are my options: transfer to a university for a BA in business, go to UTI, go to Wyotech, or start on a mechanical engineering degree. Do I really need to be an engineer?? I would also prefer to go to Wyotech instead of UTI for the reason that they offer more custom fabrication courses as well as a full program on high performance engines and chassis. I guess what I'm asking is... do I need an engineering degree to build race cars? I'm thinking a BA degree in business and attending Wyotech would be the best thing to do. ANY ADVICE WOULDE BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks! Chris
Old 01-09-2004, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

big ups to WYOTECH. then get ur BA then open a shop. then hire me to do some work
Old 01-09-2004, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I feel you man, Ive got one symester left of my tech school, Ive got the same plans too, open a shop and mabey even a race team, well good luck whatever you do.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:05 AM

Default Re: TECH SCHOOL (BfastSOHfast)

UTI has high performance engine classes also known as hot rod u. What you basically do is change parts such as intake, headers, change the compression and put them on the dyno to see what works the best with each set-up and putting nitrous on them also. I do agree why tech does have more custom but uti has more overall and is longer so you will learn more
Old 01-09-2004, 08:17 AM

i say go to wyo tech, im planning to go there after i finish up with college. It offers the most stuff and seems to be a really good school, i'd say the best. Im going to school right now to be a tech teacher, but i really want to be involved with cars. IDK thats just my 2cents..
Old 01-09-2004, 08:21 AM

If you can get the skills and knowledge to build/tune race cars, you shouldn't have a problem finding an investor to begin a partnership with. You do the work, he provides the capital. Form a Limited Partnership, you own 50%, he own 50%.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im getting an asociets degree in managment and marketing. completed them both in 2 years. thand ill be half done with my batchlors in aunterpernure ship. i know for a college student my spelling is horrable. anyways. im doing the same thing, but i started college my senior year in highschool so i went for my school degrees first. ill be getting a 1 year mechanics degree at a local tech school and then start my own buisness. wyotec is good but all the people i know that went to it work shitty jobs and arn;t getting paid anymore than a normal mechanic. and they didn;t learn anything about imports just domestic ford was the main deal their when a guy i know was out their. so now he is a ford mechanic. and his the bitch their haha. so choose your own path and go with it.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

go to uti, i attend uti and i think there may be some members on here that attend considering how many turboed/swaped/nitrous hondas go here
Old 01-09-2004, 10:03 AM

Default Re: (EJBomexCoupe)

I goto Pennco Tech. I'm a HVAC guy though.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if you want to go to a good tech school w/ high-performance engine and high-performance fabrication classes, that isn't far from NC, you should go to the Nashville Auto-Diesel college. i know several people who dropped out of UTI and went to school at NADC, because they said it sucked and they weren't learning anything.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i start the hot rod u program at UTI this coming August in phoenix. then i'll try and get some sort of business degree after that. just my plans. i hear theres lots of HT and related meets around there and the KS weather sucks
Old 01-09-2004, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TECH SCHOOL (chainsaw)

Right now I'm attending Baton Rouge Technical College's automotive department.

Bad thing is that the teacher there sux cuz he's an ******* and doesn't really teach the class effectively. Can't really blame him though. He's a mechanic, and is pretty much going straight from the toolbox to the teacher's desk.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:00 AM

Default Re: TECH SCHOOL (xavior66)

i wouldnt go to wyotech, its a waste of money for how expensive it it, i have 3 friends that were jsut up there and one of them left early, and 2 that are still there. plus there is NOTHING in laramie.