Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Sway bar links. Honda civic 93

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway bar links. Honda civic 93

Can somebody out there show me where the sway bar links are located in the front suspension of the car? Pics will help alot. thanks.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:46 AM
Technical Hero

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Re: Sway bar links. Honda civic 93

http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=87
http://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum...ushings-49177/
Old 06-30-2011, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you alot. I couldnt fine mine. and is because i dont have one. i checked my dads honda and his has them. mines doesnt. Is this bad?
Old 06-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Technical Hero

Not all civics came with them from the factory. Its not bad and can easily be added.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HondaPartsHero
Not all civics came with them from the factory. Its not bad and can easily be added.
how much would it cost to add them? and i was wondering if that is why my car makes like a cracking/popping noise when i turn on bumpy/rocky areas?
or can it be something else causing it? thanks.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Technical Hero

Sorry meant to say not all civics came with sway bars. Its not your noise though. Could be a variety of things shocks, ball joints, control arm bushings. Is the noise the same when turning left and right?
Old 06-30-2011, 02:10 PM
talks to himself

Received 78 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by hatchbackcx
how much would it cost to add them? and i was wondering if that is why my car makes like a cracking/popping noise when i turn on bumpy/rocky areas?
or can it be something else causing it? thanks.
A sway bar (also known as an anti-roll bar or ARB) is a performance enhancing part that helps control body roll in hard corners. There are a bunch of people selling front and rear sway bars on here for not a lot of money. It depends on what type you want and whether or not your car has the mounting holes for them. I had to change a portion of my front lower control arm to add my front sway bar.

Are you asking about a noise that happens when turning on a bumpy/rocky road or just when you turn off a smooth road and start cruising on a bumpy/rocky road?

Did you check if your shocks (aka struts) are blown? You'd know by the uncontrolled bounce in the front end and the noise it makes when going over bumps. There'd also be a build up of oil and dirt on the outside of them. If you don't know what your struts are, they're the thing in the middle of your springs. They control how quickly your suspension is able to compress/bounce.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HondaPartsHero
Sorry meant to say not all civics came with sway bars. Its not your noise though. Could be a variety of things shocks, ball joints, control arm bushings. Is the noise the same when turning left and right?
yes it is the same. but it seems that the noise is comming from the passanger side.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CX-Adam
A sway bar (also known as an anti-roll bar or ARB) is a performance enhancing part that helps control body roll in hard corners. There are a bunch of people selling front and rear sway bars on here for not a lot of money. It depends on what type you want and whether or not your car has the mounting holes for them. I had to change a portion of my front lower control arm to add my front sway bar.

Are you asking about a noise that happens when turning on a bumpy/rocky road or just when you turn off a smooth road and start cruising on a bumpy/rocky road?

Did you check if your shocks (aka struts) are blown? You'd know by the uncontrolled bounce in the front end and the noise it makes when going over bumps. There'd also be a build up of oil and dirt on the outside of them. If you don't know what your struts are, they're the thing in the middle of your springs. They control how quickly your suspension is able to compress/bounce.
when im driving on paved roads and i turn it doesnt make the sound. my parking is kind of rocky and when i turn in to parking it makes the cracking noise. i dont think they are my shocks tho. they look fine. and is not only when i turn . while going in rocky roads it makes that noise too. and its loud.