Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Swap problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swap problems

Hi, I'm new here. My cousin and I are having problems with a swap we're doing and my buddies said I could get some answers here. So heres my problems:

Car:'95 Civic EX Engine:94-95 B18C1

1.The rear motor mount T-bracket is not lining up with the engine.
2.The motor sits a little high. Hood won't close without force and flexing of hood.
3.Are all the wiring plugs on the engine supposed to be opposite from the stock ones?

HASport motor mounts are being used. I think the DCSTK package is what my cousin bought.

So far that's all the problems we're having. I'm sure there will be more down the road.

Any suggestions/ideas would help. Thanks.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:51 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Swap problems (CoolBreeze)

I've done the B-series swap about a dozen times now, and I've never had a problem with the motor sitting too high. Are you sure you've got the mounts on the correct way? The rear tranny mount is a PITA to line up, but if it's not on upside down, you should be able to manage it with a little pushing and tugging.

Is the engine you swapped JDM? That may be a reason why some of your plugs aren't reaching, but I've never EVER had that problem before.

It helps on the rear tranny mount to put the mount on the car and the bracket on the engine so all you have to do is drop the engine onto the mount and slide the bolt through.

Give us more information.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Swap problems (Archidictus)

I thought the B's could just drop right into a 92+ civic without different mounts? Those Hasports may be what are screwing it up if that is the case.
Old 12-25-2003, 06:59 AM

Default Re: Swap problems (TorganFM)

Merry Christmas everyone.

I got an update on the swap (meaning another problem)

Well everything's in and really close to wrapping things up except for two problems.

1. I got the integra Skunk2 short shifter and I can't figure out how to put it on the shift linkage. It came with a bunch of spacers and washers and no instructions on the order of assembling everything.

2. I also purchased a DC Sports 4-1 1 piece header. There is no hole to thread in the O2 sensor. Stock manifold has a hole at the collector before the cat. I emailed DC Sports and they said that Integras have the sensor at the cat. But then we bought a Catco cat and there was no hole for the O2 there either.

3. The Catco cat we bought was for an Integra. It was too long so we cut it. The Civic cat was too short. Is this supposed to happen?

Right now my cousin needs his Civic running real bad. So we temporarily put the stock shifter and exhaust manifold back in. We are going to start it up this Friday when we get two bolts to hook up the exhaust.

Any ideas to help us finish up this 3 month long swap is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-25-2003, 07:56 AM
B.
400 HP Club

Default Re: Swap problems (CoolBreeze)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CoolBreeze &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Any ideas to help us finish up this 3 month long swap is greatly appreciated.
</TD></TR></TABLE> You should have asked that question before getting in to something that may be a little over your head, a swap should only take a week not three months. If your having issues with a short shifter, you may want to check and re-check your swap and make sure everything is working properly, if those mounts are upside down or backwards and your wiring is fucked your getting into a serious safety issue, you really should have someone their that knows WTF is going on..... gl either way.....
Old 12-25-2003, 08:10 AM
wrenchin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Swap problems (The good Dohc-tor)

a swap should take a week???? um, how about like 6 hours, maybe. especially gsr into eg. everything should mount right in with a combo of civic and integra stock factory mounts man. you wanted $450 on the hasport kit. everything should plug riht in like factory too. i cannot see how ANYTHING could make this swap last three months. and seriously, if you dont know how to do something, dont do it.

Brett
Old 12-25-2003, 08:21 AM
B.
400 HP Club

Default Re: Swap problems (AngryBlackSedan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AngryBlackSedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a swap should take a week???? um, how about like 6 hours, maybe.

Brett</TD></TR></TABLE> Agreed, I was giving time for small problems, or the little **** that you may run into for your first swap...... personally I put my b16a2 into my eh2 switched it over to OBD1 without a harness, swapped the tranny (LSD) suspension, breaks, linkage axels the whole nine yards in three days.... that was my first swap ever.... turned the key and it fired, to this day I've never had a cell code.......
Old 12-25-2003, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Swap problems (The good Dohc-tor)

The only reason it's taking so long is because we are only free Sundays and working on it 4-5 hours. If that day is raining or whatever then everything's pushed back. Then there are some days that we get no where because we run into problems. We're not just swapping in a stock b18 either. We've changed most of the parts on there.

I agree that our swap is taking a freaking long time. In fact everyone's been sorta complaining also (even me). They want to see the results. This is our first time attempting this and my cousin didn't do any research on it. He just bought a Haynes manual and thought he can go from there. Since the place he bought the engine from said that the engine should drop right in and plug right up. Besides it's his car and I'm only the helper.

So anyone got answers for me?

Thanks.