Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Swap/converison Service

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swap/converison Service

New to this site and i search for thread with service that can convert auto to stick for EK. found none. i PM some member, member's friend if they can do it. they can but homemade swap kinda worried me of the quality ( for vouch support may ease that confident)

So here it is for the better for us all.

For Swap Auto to Manual Conversion.
List of all the service in your area including their company name and city location. Their price, speed and quality. what type of car they can do. rate them from 1-10 - if you wish to comment your satisfaction or whatnot. it will help us all here.

You can also vouch the HT members here that also know how to do the job. you know, it benefits both parties. one trying to come up while the other trying to get cheaper labor.

As you can see, im here looking for service to convert my Auto EK hatch to Stick. -.-
Old 11-02-2009, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Swap/converison Service

Old 11-02-2009, 11:11 AM
318 Curves, 11 miles

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would help if you could tell us the area you're in, rather than everyone listing every shop in their locale, which may or may not be 2000 miles away from wherever you are. If you're in the St. Louis area, I've heard good things about J-H (Just Hondas) Car Care, but I wouldn't know personally because I do all my own work.

How confident are you in your wrenching ability? It might not be as hard as you think. I didn't know crap about cars 3-4 years ago when I started here, but I've done (or helped on) 4 motor swaps since then, and do all of my own maintenance and mods now.

The first major project I ever did was a clutch and flywheel change, and I had very little clue of how when I started... I just had a manual and a little advice, and I pulled it off in 8 hours with help. Changing a clutch is about 80% of the same work involved in an auto to manual conversion.

From what I've heard this swap isn't majorly difficult. I haven't done one, but I have swapped transmissions before, and it's not amazingly hard. You'll need (I think) a transmission, ECU, pedal set, shift linkage, clutch, flywheel, and possibly an IACV depending on your car. I'm not sure about the last one, but I remember hearing that you have to swap something on that for some auto-manual conversions.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:06 PM

^ Im in the same boat as you are in when you started it. i have no access to tools and no knowledge whatever how the components are hook up together. im a fast learner but no where to start. i need hands on training to get myself going solo. therefore, im willing just to let someone else do it for me. im looking for someone who know what they are doing such as all the required components to get it pass smog while at lease i get some power of the engine. all my friends has like a jdm b16a b20 but no clue how to make b16a usdm conversion. so they just do it illegally and do the 'always pass smog' thing because one of their friend works there. i just like to spend not too much but a decent cost to get a auto to stick conversion on my car.

im looking for a service in my area or street tuner that can convert my auto to manual tranny. im located in long beach. shoot me an offer and your where-bout of any place that also sell all teh necessary parts and engine for a complete smog pass inspection. 97 EK hatch.