Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

stuck in gear :/

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stuck in gear :/

So my transmission is stuck. I have a suspicion that my clutch may be too blame. But it could also be my transmission. The situation is this: i pull to a stop with my foot depressing the clutch while in 3rd gear. When its my turn i try to put my shifter into first. Won't go in. I put it in neutral and let go of the clutch pedal, i stall. I press the clutch, turn it on, try to go into first, nothing. I let go of the clutch again and stall. After that i turn it on and try to go into another gear. None would go in. While my shifter is in neutral, i slowly let go of the clutch and it shakes violently forward and stalls. I now assume that the transmission is stuck in 3rd. I rev it up and let go of the clutch and the car starts rolling and shaking alot. I keep it up for about a block and it stalls. I try again and again i finally make it home. This is when i start to think of what happened and what it could be. So far I suspect my clutch is going and my ttransmission's synchros are bad. Another thought Is that my shifter is in "neutral" and moves around. Maybe my linkage is messed up. Maybe the shift mechanism in the transmission is stuck. I don't know. Im have a spare tranny and clutch but i would like some advice about how and why this happened and how i can prevent it from happening again. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:48 AM
I'm not Rick!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: stuck in gear :/

you seem to be aware of your gear. you guess right what i would.
check linkage. but if you shift around and you dont feel any diference in looseness your linkage is prolly fine.
most likely clutch fork or some clutch engagement problem.
clutch pedal feel same?
i would pull boot off clutch slave cylnder and inspect inside. or from bottom of car pull flywheel inspection plate and check there.