Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Stripped bolt head on rearLCA <-> Subframe ---- HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stripped bolt head on rearLCA <-> Subframe ---- HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To start off with, car is a 93 civic DX, i'm the 2nd owner, it's NEVER been modified until now, 2008 so as you can image **** ain't easy to work with

I just stripped this bolt head and now the bolt is stuck in there, HELP ME!!!!

RESOLUTION: http://www.parrisenginedynamics.com

I ran out of ideas & time even with all you guys suggestions (just don't have all the necessary tools) and it's my DD I NEED to get to work. So I took it to PED and damn they did it with a quickness and they were backedup big time... big ups to PED saved my life! LOL

Well I got home and with as low as it is by default out of the box, I won't even make it up the drive way, the middle of the car gets stuck where the driveway meets the garage

anyhow, here is the only pic I'm able to get, too dark outside with this P&S camera... but **** is DUMPED LOL

quick pic before i FORCED it in the garage

Modified by Declectic at 9:47 AM 10/8/2008
Old 10-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stripped bolt head on rearLCA <-> Subframe ---- HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Declecti

Damn. I've been there man. What I used for mine was one of those easy out bits...well...three. My car was originally from New York and ALL (except one) of the rear LCA/Trailing arm bolts broke in half, stripped, or the heads snapped off. It was a pain in the ***.

Those bits aren't called easy out, just referred to as "easy out", but they're designed to go behind a slightly smaller drill bit, and when you "loosen" them, they're reverse threaded so they actually go tighter into the seized bolt. It REALLY sucked and I'm sorry you're in the position, too. Soak that bolt in PB Blaster also, applying MULTIPLE coats.

Good Luck.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:55 PM

that bolt will never come out its seized to the metal part of the bushing i had to cut all my bolts out and replace lca's with aftermarkets.

also those genuine honda bolts aint cheap! try like $20+ a piece! and no other bolt will work they're special bolts.

and dont forget to use antiseize on the new bolts! or they'll be stuck again next time you add a suspension part.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stripped bolt head on rearLCA <-> Subframe ---- HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Declecti

Mine where frozen to the bushings so i opted to cut them out. Only way I could think of to get them out of there!
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sr20hardbody &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">also those genuine honda bolts aint cheap! try like $20+ a piece! and no other bolt will work they're special bolts.</TD></TR></TABLE>

pn: 90173-SR3-003 $6.09 on thehondapartsstore.com
Old 10-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright guys, I just don't have the tools or the possible back n forth transition to the store if need. Just dropped it off at the shop that I had some work done on last time ::sigh:: sucky rusted shiet

Thank you guys for all of your ideas

On a side note, the front rides pretty smooth for being as low as it is (btw, they're F/F type I)
Old 10-07-2008, 06:53 PM

Default Re: (sr20hardbody)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sr20hardbody &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that bolt will never come out its seized to the metal part of the bushing i had to cut all my bolts out and replace lca's with aftermarkets.

also those genuine honda bolts aint cheap! try like $20+ a piece! and no other bolt will work they're special bolts.

and dont forget to use antiseize on the new bolts! or they'll be stuck again next time you add a suspension part.</TD></TR></TABLE>

napa. you can get the bolts there for cheap.

torch it out. if you have access to a oxyacet torch that should get the job done pretty quick. get it red hot then drill and easy out out. if not just use a cutting torch and blow the slag out and melt the bolt out
Old 10-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

updated 1st post, thanks again guys!!!