Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

street racers

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 06:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: street racers (DragonCTR69)

a post on another forum said they re considering turning part of an old air strip in san jose, ca into a road course..many of the merchants like the idea cuz of the crouds that gather at street meets..
Old 02-19-2002, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no i understand everyones opinion and i'm not trying to change someones mind.. i'm just saying ppl get hurt doing all types of ****.. and we're not racing on main street at 3pm or something.. its 3 am at night out in the middle of no where.. if your there you understand the risks..
Old 02-22-2002, 01:36 AM
New User

Default Re: street racers (deepnite)

and that makes it all ok?..what if someone is hurt or worst?
last time i heard, there are 40,000+ fatalities a year involving vehicular accidents. should this keep you from driving on the freeway or on any road for that matter? hell no. you can just as easily get killed sitting at the bus stop as at a street race. which death sounds cooler?
Old 02-22-2002, 03:39 PM

If that isn't the Stupidest thing I've ever heard... Man you guys who feel it right or worth it to Street race Need to quit! With every argument you are showing just how crack-brained you are...
I am sorry but this Argument has to be one of the TOP 10 Dumbest excuses yet...
In fact it Proves a point I tried to make earlier... It's dangerous enough to Just drive on the road without racing... Add racing on the Streets (Unregulated) and you INCREASE your chances of an accident which will result in INJURY or DEATH.
Which is the Coolest??? Dude you'll be DEAD so what will you CARE???
How about your parents or Wife or Child that you leave behind??? Do you think they will care whether you died being stupid or Minding your own business at the Bus stop?? Some life insurance and Car insurance companies will not Honor your policy if it is determined that you were enguaged in Illegal activity when your death occured...
Personally... I would prefer getting hit by the bus (If I had to go one way or the other) Why??? Well My family would then Sue the Bus company they would be set for the rest of their life with the Car Insurance, Life insurance and lawsuit settelment...
So... What do you think NOW???
For the Record, there is NOTHING COOL about dying. Nothing at all.

You know what's cool about Street Racing?? Or People acting a fool in their cars and crashing??? Not cool for you, but for us who get to go to the Junk Yard and pick all the nice salvagable parts from your MANGLED ride... Save some $$$... Thats nice.
that must be pretty boring sitting at home on the couch wrapped in pillows with all the doors locked watching tv covered in a aluminum suit so the radiation from the tv dosn't give you cancer.. whats the point in living if you don't take any risks..
Old 02-22-2002, 04:37 PM
New User

Default Re: street racers (f0de)

It sounds like most of you guys do a lot of street racing or have seen a lot. I live in michigan and we go to 2 cities and lucky to see 5 decent hondas. You are talking about having a few hundred, WOW that is sweet. MUST be nice to hang out with a bunch of other import lovers without dealing with a foot of snow and getting to BS with everybody. That is why I love the import scene, a bunch of 16 to 30 year olds with a fast little import.

If anybody street races around here it is a GS Eclipse and a 99 SI, both w/ a I/H/E.
We don't get any real bad accidents, but if you take the chance to race your car then why don't you do it somewhere away from a public street.

I don't race because I work way to hard to be wrekin my hybrid and even if I do race I don't go past like 60 mph.
Old 02-22-2002, 04:55 PM

Default Re: street racers (Frog1342)

its not a matter what is cooler..if there is a cool way to die, that is..what is stake is taking unnecesary risk, breaking the law and endangering others besides urself..if u dont give **** about urself atleast have a sence of responsibility to innocents..and if its a rush people are looking for..get in a plane, throw out a parachute, then jump out and see if u can catch it
Old 02-22-2002, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i hate street racers..........some guy was revving on me today in 5 oclock rush hour traffic wanting me to race him, for that I had to throw my bean burrito from Taco Bell on his quarter panel
Old 02-22-2002, 05:39 PM

Default Re: street racers (Halo)

good example of a total idiot..rush hour and the dude wants to race ..total idiot, no other words to describe him/her..some girls are idiots too
Old 02-22-2002, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This isn't an opinion on street racing being good or not, but here in South Florida we have been trying to get a regulated dragstrip for the last 8 years. There's only bulls**t to deal with. Right now I'm in the process of trying to open up my own strip. There's much more legislation to deal with than anyone would ever think from having to pay the city to have emergency crews at the strip while it's open, to making sure that the decibel level never reaches a certain level for city laws.