Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

stolen gsr motor??

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 09:09 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stolen gsr motor??

yeah i have a problem i bought a gsr engine 2 days ago in jersey for cheap 500, now i think its stolen, he said he took it out of his car to put in a itr but now that i think about it i dont believe him, what can i do to check if its stolen and if it is what can i do, i dont wanna put it in my car and get cought with it. btw i dont know where the guy lives at we met up at a walmart parkin lot(stupid of me)
Old 03-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stolen gsr motor?? (Slowass2dr)

is the vin still on there?
ask the cops
did he give you any papers?
how did you contact him, phone #?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

find a cop or call a state law enforcement agency up and tell them that you are considering buying a used engine and would like to run either a VIN# or Block# check.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damm you carried a complete swap? check with your local authorities and have them check the #s on the block
Old 03-06-2007, 09:16 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: stolen gsr motor?? (fmrprojects)

well i have no paper for it, i contacted him by phone(it was a guy i met at illegal races), i went to pick it up inmy mazda pickup...anyways so if its stolen what do i do, i dont wanna loose my money!!
Old 03-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

To sum it up...

...you got hosed.

$500 for a B18C would make me suspicious even if a friend was trying to sell it to me. Anyway, check to see if its got the VIN on it. The plate on the block is near the transmission, front side. If it's not there, I'd be more suspicious. There's nothing you can really do anyway since now you may be in possession of stolen property with no way to track down the guy who sold it to you (how'd you meet anyway?). Just keep it and enjoy it.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

find out if the motor is legit or not first.
if its stolen try to get a refund or call the cops on him
Old 03-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stolen gsr motor??

[[<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xhatchracerx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">find a cop or call a state law enforcement agency up and tell them that you are considering buying a used engine and would like to run either a VIN# or Block# check. </TD></TR></TABLE>
this sounds like the best way to go about it. thats the only way i see that you would find out and not lose money
Old 03-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: stolen gsr motor?? (94hondacivicvtec)

Wait, wait, wait. Let me see if I read this correctly. Some dude sold you a GSR swap for $500 in a Wal-Mart parking lot and just NOW you think it may not be legit? Are you ******* retarded?

God help the future of this race
Old 03-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stolen gsr motor?? (Archidictus)

LOL i am speechless
Old 03-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stolen gsr motor?? (vietelement)

dude...if its stolen, if you have some authorities check it, most likely they'll confiscate it ....prob try to throw sht on you aswell since you dont have papers for it...buy a bare block for hella cheap and throw those internals in it....then you have tranny problem....try to find a JDM tranny case...done..
Old 03-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wait, wait, wait. Let me see if I read this correctly. Some dude sold you a GSR swap for $500 in a Wal-Mart parking lot and just NOW you think it may not be legit? Are you ******* retarded?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hahahahaaaa.... Archidictus has a point!
Old 03-06-2007, 11:00 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: stolen gsr motor?? (Harryflores)

carfax that ****, if im right shouldnt the car's vin come up stolen?

dude you're in deep **** lol, what are you going to do, call the cops have them throw you in jail

expletive i can see you in the newspaper (young honda tuning moron called police to check out his stolen motor, when the officers found this idiot they beat his *** within an inch of his life, and took the engine from him and returned it to whom he stole it from, a gradma at the age of 65. thankfully she has an engine for her daily driver.)
Old 03-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stolen gsr motor?? (spork motorsports)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spork motorsports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">carfax that ****, if im right shouldnt the car's vin come up stolen?

dude you're in deep **** lol, what are you going to do, call the cops have them throw you in jail

expletive i can see you in the newspaper (young honda tuning moron called police to check out his stolen motor, when the officers found this idiot they beat his *** within an inch of his life, and took the engine from him and returned it to whom he stole it from, a gradma at the age of 65. thankfully she has an engine for her daily driver.) </TD></TR></TABLE>

^^^haha....see what i mean..dont call authorities to check....you're only gonna fck sht up for yourself if it is stolen....i guess you can carfax it...if it comes out stolen, do as i said...
Old 03-06-2007, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stolen gsr motor?? (B18CivicEH2)

LOL this reminds me of the cops episode where the lady called the cops on the dealer who sold her some crappy crack. needless to say the dealer and the buyer got busted... LOL
Old 03-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stolen gsr motor?? (actek23)

^^^ LOL I saw that episode ahaha...$500 GSR swap? Something smells fishy and it aint dirty uhh... It's stolen.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:44 PM
New User

Default Re: stolen gsr motor?? (ProjectEG8)

PM me the vin I can run it.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stolen gsr motor?? (actek23)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by actek23 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL this reminds me of the cops episode where the lady called the cops on the dealer who sold her some crappy crack. needless to say the dealer and the buyer got busted... LOL</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hahahahahahaaaaaaa.... that's my fav. episode!
Old 03-07-2007, 03:07 AM

just call him up and tell him to give your money back and bring ten of your friends incase he doesnt give you your money back,,,,and tell him to take his motor back...if he dont beat the hell outta him...LOL...i asure you that its stolen, because the same thing happened to me and i sold the motor back to him...but at least i know where he lives...lucky me
Old 03-07-2007, 04:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you bought it . you bought it.. just take the block then strip it of the parts then put it in a B16a or something. just a thought.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dont call the cops, they'll say your the thief and put you down like if you stole it or have you in their system as a suspect
Old 03-07-2007, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hatch-E-vanish)

i don't think you can do that....b18 internals in a b16...but hey...swap it in, if you get caught say you bought the car that way...ehehhe...sucks to be you though...hey...just sell it to me then...i'll take it...no probs...
Old 03-07-2007, 05:44 AM

^^^^im with him i will give u $500 for it, so u can sleep at night.. i will take the sacrifice for you ...

call the cops? why? so they can take it away from him? plus possibly get him in trouble for it, why not just throw it in your car and forget about it.. "u didnt know it was stolen" nuff said.. u guys are a bunch of pussies... hope u dont street race the way u guys are talking cuz it might be "illegal" lol, if i buy an engine off a guy my assumption is its his engine, its a good price and i dont ask anything else. its going in my car and thats it, how would they track it down.. unless there is a low jack in the block and the guy u bought it from knows where u live.. who the hell is going to pop ur hood and say, hey i know a guy who knew a guy who thinks thats his engine..!!
Old 03-07-2007, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wait, wait, wait. Let me see if I read this correctly. Some dude sold you a GSR swap for $500 in a Wal-Mart parking lot and just NOW you think it may not be legit? Are you ******* retarded?

God help the future of this race </TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHA!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fdjizm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^^^^im with him i will give u $500 for it, so u can sleep at night.. i will take the sacrifice for you ...

call the cops? why? so they can take it away from him? plus possibly get him in trouble for it, why not just throw it in your car and forget about it.. "u didnt know it was stolen" nuff said.. u guys are a bunch of pussies... hope u dont street race the way u guys are talking cuz it might be "illegal" lol, if i buy an engine off a guy my assumption is its his engine, its a good price and i dont ask anything else. its going in my car and thats it, how would they track it down.. unless there is a low jack in the block and the guy u bought it from knows where u live.. who the hell is going to pop ur hood and say, hey i know a guy who knew a guy who thinks thats his engine..!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

it's people like you that thieves are still in business. if the OP has a good record then he shouldn't worry about getting in trouble, what's the worse that can happen, that he loses $500. better than getting his car impounded after the swap was done.

and no they don't have lojack's on the block. but coming from some kid who street races (which is a whole other topic) you've never had you car searched before, huh?

so keep up the "who cares attitude", remember kharma is a bitch.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:56 AM

i dont go to big huge group street races because im not a moron.. and i dont want my car impounded..so no i havent gotten my car searched.... and i say yea.. u bought it.. u assumed it was his engine.. u didnt know anything, u put it in ur car.. whats going to happen?.. its not like you stole the engine...

Quick Reply: stolen gsr motor??