Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

SRS light wont go off!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRS light wont go off!!!

I just installed a new SRS unit, and new driver and passenger airbags but the damn SRS light still wont go off. Any suggestions? I installed them by the book meaning control unit then airbags but the light is still on.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SRS light wont go off!!! (VTECommie)

do a search on resetting srs it will show you what to do
Old 07-17-2006, 05:40 PM

Default Re: SRS light wont go off!!! (hatchi)

make sure you have the exact same year and everything, if you do, you might have to put a scan tool on it.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=1
Old 07-18-2006, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SRS light wont go off!!! (Built Beast)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Built Beast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=1</TD></TR></TABLE> Thanks
Old 07-18-2006, 08:32 AM
Help we my pennies

is the srs lite a big deal?
Old 07-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: SRS light wont go off!!! (BLUE EH3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BLUE EH3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is the srs lite a big deal?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you get into an accident it can be...insurance companies tend to get pissy when ur in an accident that should have deployed ur airbags but they didn't...
Old 07-18-2006, 10:08 AM

Default Re: SRS light wont go off!!! (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If you get into an accident it can be...insurance companies tend to get pissy when ur in an accident that should have deployed ur airbags but they didn't...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Uhhh... why? That is just $3000.00 bucks they don't have to shell out.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BLUE EH3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is the srs lite a big deal?</TD></TR></TABLE> is to me just cuz i wont feel safe if its on so its just for my piece of mind. im 99% sure i installed my airbags correctly anyway so its just insurance you know.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:03 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECommie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> is to me just cuz i wont feel safe if its on so its just for my piece of mind. </TD></TR></TABLE> if you ever get hit in the face with one of those things i'd bet it would be a different story...
Old 07-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SRS light wont go off!!! (sniggler316)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sniggler316 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Uhhh... why? That is just $3000.00 bucks they don't have to shell out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What the hell are you talking about?

Insurance companies get fussy sometimes if u got like an aftermarket steering wheel system..I"ve seen' em pull codes on some of the newer cars (not hondas) to see how long the SRS light's been on (to see if the person bothered to take it to the dealership to have it done..) I've seen HUGE ammounts eliminated off of how much they're going to pay you because of an aftermarket steering wheel or airbag removal...

EDIT:
What I"m really trying to say is if ur hood compartment is bent and mangled into the firewall and your engine just learned the new definitoin of "compression" when it was bent in half around a telephone poll hit at 50mph, they often want to know why the air bags aren't deployed
Old 07-18-2006, 08:24 PM
Help we my pennies

i got a momo wheel no airbag
Old 07-18-2006, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BLUE EH3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i got a momo wheel no airbag</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good for u, now go read ur policy and tell me when u get to the part where it says they reserve the right to not pay u jack **** if u total out ur vehicle do to u removing a stock airbag

Peace...
Old 07-18-2006, 10:17 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Good for u, now go read ur policy and tell me when u get to the part where it says they reserve the right to not pay u jack **** if u total out ur vehicle do to u removing a stock airbag

Peace...</TD></TR></TABLE>
I still don't see how removing an airbag can contribute to damaging a car. Maybe if you get a crushed ribcage because you smashed into the wheel they may refuse to pay your medical bills, but I don't see what you're saying about totaling a vehicle because you took out a stock airbag....
Old 07-18-2006, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea prob reset will do it
Old 07-18-2006, 10:22 PM
HT Order of Merit

Default Re: SRS light wont go off!!! (sniggler316)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sniggler316 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I still don't see how removing an airbag can contribute to damaging a car. Maybe if you get a crushed ribcage because you smashed into the wheel they may refuse to pay your medical bills, but I don't see what you're saying about totaling a vehicle because you took out a stock airbag....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Peace...</TD></TR></TABLE>

It is ILLEGAL to remove ANY factory airbag from ANY VEHICLE. It is a mandatory safety requirement since 1998.

If you get into an accident and they discover you removed one or both, they defiantly do not have to pay you. Since you illegally modified a vehicle and compromising the safety of you and your passengers.

Although I have never heard a specific example of a claim being denied or approved because the owner removed the airbags.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SRS light wont go off!!! (thahuhstunna)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thahuhstunna &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> if you ever get hit in the face with one of those things i'd bet it would be a different story... </TD></TR></TABLE> i have been hit in the face with one, its why im in the position of changing it. its also why i decided not to get an aftermarket wheel. anyway i reset it a bunch of times and then i troubleshooted(word?) it and its giving me a DTC code 1-1 so im gonna take out the driver airbag again and look for a problem.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SRS light wont go off!!!

i have an s2k steeringwheel on a 5th gen prelude with the srs light on. and i love it cause my dash looks like a christmas tree.