Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Sparco harness bar with stock seat belt?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 11:11 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sparco harness bar with stock seat belt?

I have read that the Sparco harness bar bolts into the same place as the stock seat belts. Is it possible to use the stock seat/seat belt while using the Sparco harness bar? I'm asking because I don't really want to invest in getting a passenger seat+harness.

Thanks in advance,
Tom
Old 04-14-2008, 08:18 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Sparco harness bar with stock seat belt? (tpeezy)

Old 04-14-2008, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if you're getting a harness bar you should obviously have a harness or 2 to mount on the bar. and i don't think you can retain your stock seatbelts ( i am not sure though ) but your stock seats would be fine ..
Old 04-14-2008, 01:48 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Sparco harness bar with stock seat belt? (robble36)

Well I obviously will for the drivers side but I'm asking about passenger wise because I really don't want to get a passenger seat/harness.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:40 PM

how hard is to think come on people just use a longer bolt
Old 04-14-2008, 04:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tpeezy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well I obviously will for the drivers side but I'm asking about passenger wise because I really don't want to get a passenger seat/harness.</TD></TR></TABLE>That's ghetto as hell.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont see how that is ghetto? The only person that needs a harness is the driver, when racing its the driver that needs to be safe. There shouldnt be a passenger in a race car anyways.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:41 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Sparco harness bar with stock seat belt? (HeLLo iM iZzY)

Yeah, I don't see how it's ghetto either. I would never do a road race with someone else in the car.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah ghetto! youd think you want both sides to match. it be like rollin a 20 inch rim on one side and a 13 on the other, unless your guttiing the car and just have a steering wheel and driver seat.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i just dont think it would be smart to race with stock seats. I would invest in a seat just for the driver for now and you should be good. but<U> i think </U>you would have to get rid of the stock seat belt,
Old 04-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wooops mybad i just check it out on Sparcos website and heres a PDF fo how to install them and by the looks of things, you can still equip the stock seatbelts.

check it out!

http://www.sparcousa.com/resourceFiles/47.pdf
Old 04-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Shenanigans

Default Re: (cherroneballs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cherroneballs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah ghetto! youd think you want both sides to match. it be like rollin a 20 inch rim on one side and a 13 on the other, unless your guttiing the car and just have a steering wheel and driver seat.</TD></TR></TABLE>

different sized rims is way different than a stock and a bucket seat...the stock seat is for the passenger, y waste the money when only the driver needs a racing seat bc he is alone when racing? that is what im switching 2 from 2 buckets to a drivers bucket and a crx si seat, buckets are uncomfortable for longer periods of time, plus the gf bitches
Old 04-18-2008, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how is it different? either your gonna build or fix up your whip or not. Don't half *** it. you know what I'm sayin'. I personally would get tired of people asking me wheres the other harness. If you got the money for a sparco bar, you have the money for another harness. I bolted mine to were the seats are bolted to the floor, you don,t even need that bar. but whatever, half *** it if you want with stock seats and one harness.lol
Old 04-18-2008, 07:22 PM

damn, so many people with different opinions. If you don't agree then that is on you and if you do agree then it makes the world a better place. Other wise don't expect the world to be on the same page as you so just let it be.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Shenanigans

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cherroneballs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how is it different? either your gonna build or fix up your whip or not. Don't half *** it. you know what I'm sayin'. I personally would get tired of people asking me wheres the other harness. If you got the money for a sparco bar, you have the money for another harness. I bolted mine to were the seats are bolted to the floor, you don,t even need that bar. but whatever, half *** it if you want with stock seats and one harness.lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol one 13" rim and one 20" rim is unsafe if your car can even roll on all 4s one bucket seat and a stock is...what? unmatching lol. buying one bucket isnt half assing it at all i currently have two and i hate it the pass bucket is useless. half assing it would be buying shitty parts or doing a shoddy job not buying one bucket + harness + harness bar. bolting them to the floor isnt really safe, there supposed to be pulled back at shoulder level, hence y the harness bar was made. so what the seats dont match, the passenger side dash doesnt have a gauge cluster like the drivers side...**** dont match yo . if you wanna spend another 500 on an extra bucket seat and harness be my guest id rather save my dough and upgrade my suspension
Old 04-19-2008, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow you guys are retarded. who cares if he wants his stock seatbelts with a harness bar. Answer his question and move on.

p.s. i would also like to know if the stock belts are still useable with the harness bar?
Old 04-20-2008, 01:47 PM

Default Re: (SOHC LO)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC LO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow you guys are retarded. who cares if he wants his stock seatbelts with a harness bar. Answer his question and move on.

p.s. i would also like to know if the stock belts are still useable with the harness bar?</TD></TR></TABLE>

AMEN!
Old 04-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Shenanigans

Default Re: (SOHC LO)

i dont see why it wont, youll probably just need longer bolts, however i cant tell you for sure