Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

sorry if this is in the wrong area to post... ITS BOUT GETING A TITLE

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sorry if this is in the wrong area to post... ITS BOUT GETING A TITLE

i have a friend that totaled her civic and the ins said they were going to take it and now just the other day they siad they going to leave the car with her...
she was paying on it and i guess she stoped after the wreck or what ever and she said she will give it to me for some cash and i said ok

OK the questions is will she have to get a note for where she got the car sayn she can keep the car and get a recipte from her sayn i bout the car.. (drive time i think where she got it from)
AND also how wud i get the title

so guys can u help me out
Old 02-25-2007, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: sorry if this is in the wrong area to post... ITS BOUT GETING A TITLE (EJ8CIVIC)

The title comes when she pays off the car. If you give her enough money to pay off the car you could get the title. Has anyone from the insurance came to look at the car?
Old 02-25-2007, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sorry if this is in the wrong area to post... ITS BOUT GETING A TITLE (EJ8CIVIC)

If she was paying on it by financing (basically has a loan out on the car) whether it be through a dealership or bank ETC, they will NOT transfer the title until that car is paid in full. They will hold it period. IF she was just paying on it to someone else as a here say type of thing then that's between her and the person she's paying obviously. If the car is totaled or wrecked that it will need an R (reconstructed) title there really won't be a title per say until you rebuild the car and send in pictures of the rebuilt car with receipts for legit purchases of the parts and have a mechanic vouche to say it's safe to be back on the road. Please remember this is just my experiences from PA so if someone else has an opinion or fact that makes my statesments false, please do so.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sorry if this is in the wrong area to post... ITS BOUT GETING A TITLE (bart2546)

yea she said the ins came out and said its totaled
and i looked at it and there is no passanger side at all
she got the car from a dealership so i guess i wud bout out of luck then if im right
and i get what u guys are sayn
Old 02-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

it hurts my brain to read your posts
Old 02-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sorry if this is in the wrong area to post... ITS BOUT GETING A TITLE (bart2546)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bart2546 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If she was paying on it by financing (basically has a loan out on the car) whether it be through a dealership or bank ETC, they will NOT transfer the title until that car is paid in full. They will hold it period. IF she was just paying on it to someone else as a here say type of thing then that's between her and the person she's paying obviously. If the car is totaled or wrecked that it will need an R (reconstructed) title there really won't be a title per say until you rebuild the car and send in pictures of the rebuilt car with receipts for legit purchases of the parts and have a mechanic vouche to say it's safe to be back on the road. Please remember this is just my experiences from PA so if someone else has an opinion or fact that makes my statesments false, please do so. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Pretty right on actually, as far as Wisconsin law goes.

She can't sell the car until it's paid, UNLESS the bank says it's ok. They likely won't unless she rolls the balance into a new car loan with them, and they have some other way of making sure they get paid.

In Wisconsin, if the car is 7 model years old or less, the title is then branded "insurance", "salvaged", or "junk", depending on the damage. For a salvaged or junk title, the vehicle must be inspected by the State Patrol before it can be registered.

The point is, you should research exactly what's going to happen. You can ask the claims adjuster, the highway patrol in your state, or, best of all, do your own research online. I know I've located Texas statutes online before.

Out of curiosity, why do you want a car that's missing it's passenger side?