Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

sorry guys veig question

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sorry guys veig question

got a friend of a friend who is looking into buying a 97 honda HX automatic

can anyone tell me info on these trannys?

he said the dealer said is has some kind of skip shift for gas mileage and i have never heard of this so i thought i'd ask the honda tech gurus

tia
Old 06-19-2005, 01:15 PM

the dealer is talking out his ***.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:17 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (blurrrcivic94)

Vague.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Vague.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for your help you must have won alot of spelling bees
Old 06-19-2005, 08:16 PM
Unceasing Measure

Default Re: (funvtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by funvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks for your help you must have won alot of spelling bees </TD></TR></TABLE>

So we've learned two things here:

1.) the dealer doesn't know what they're doing - surprise - and...
2.) you're angry at not knowing how to spell and/or use the English language.

Outstanding .
Old 06-19-2005, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by funvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks for your help you must have won alot of spelling bees </TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't excite the animals.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So we've learned two things here:

1.) the dealer doesn't know what they're doing - surprise - and...
2.) you're angry at not knowing how to spell and/or use the English language.

Outstanding .</TD></TR></TABLE>

and don't forget #3) we all know why you have so many posts
Old 06-20-2005, 01:30 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by funvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and don't forget #3) we all know why you have so many posts</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, correcting jackasses like you who've gotten your answer and keep talking. If you knew how to spell and use proper grammar you would get better responses.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1995Ex_Sedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't excite the animals.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL, my thoughts exactly.

Modified by Revolver at 6:35 AM 6/20/2005
Old 06-20-2005, 02:23 AM
grammer nawzi

Default Re: (Revolver)

It would actually be "grammar" if we are correcting people. . .
Old 06-20-2005, 02:34 AM

Default Re: (sicky)

Thanks. No harm done.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: sorry guys veig question (funvtec)

I believe he is referring to the CVT which is available in the HX.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by funvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

and don't forget #3) we all know why you have so many posts</TD></TR></TABLE>

He has so many posts because he's been here a long time and contributed a lot to the forum.

He can convey himself by correctly using the English language, which is all we have to show ourselves here.

Also, I'd venture to say 50% of the collective car knowledge in this forum is held by a small handful of people. If you new guys keep up the crappy additude, it makes the OGs not want to help. Notice how I'm not around to hold hands and give everyone answeres to every post anymore.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:03 AM
Go Tigers!

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Re: sorry guys veig question (DaiJekBok)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DaiJekBok &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I believe he is referring to the CVT which is available in the HX.</TD></TR></TABLE>

11 posts down and we finally got an answer!
Old 06-20-2005, 09:12 AM

"Lead by example" good thing or bad thing. In this case, its a bad thing.

A lot of the OG's can have a bad attitude and knock anything they can get at from the new guys. New guys see this and act in the same matter. So please dont be talking just to the new guys about crappy attitude.

Revolver and Arc are a good example, OG and can be a *****, revolver semi-new, is jsut a *****. He's just a 19yr old punk kid who doesnt contribute anything but negativity. every post i've seen from him today is negative, and upon searching i;ve found that the majority of his posts are comepletely negative. I mean look at his user rating... But anyway, talk to everyone about the crappy attitude, not jsut the newbs.

If anyone thats been here longer than a month hasnt noticed, this entire board is pretty negative. its sad, because this is a great place to learn and get information.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:03 AM
Unceasing Measure

Default Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">He has so many posts because he's been here a long time and contributed a lot to the forum.

He can convey himself by correctly using the English language, which is all we have to show ourselves here.

Also, I'd venture to say 50% of the collective car knowledge in this forum is held by a small handful of people. If you new guys keep up the crappy additude, it makes the OGs not want to help. Notice how I'm not around to hold hands and give everyone answeres to every post anymore.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not even sure why he got so upset. It's not like a jacked his thread by posting the correct spelling of the word he butchered in the title. Learning to spell will take you a lot farther in life than learning whether or not a CVT has skip shift or not.

Or maybe I'm just being a gross optimist. I've been in a really good, nurturing mood lately, especially as it pertains to my responses on this website. However, dealing with little popdicks every time I post is getting on my nerves. We'll see how this pans out in the next week or two.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Re: (d16y8EL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by d16y8EL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">"Lead by example" good thing or bad thing. In this case, its a bad thing.
Revolver and Arc are a good example, OG and can be a *****, revolver semi-new, is jsut a *****. He's just a 19yr old punk kid who doesnt contribute anything but negativity. every post i've seen from him today is negative, and upon searching i;ve found that the majority of his posts are comepletely negative. I mean look at his user rating... But anyway, talk to everyone about the crappy attitude, not jsut the newbs.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm glad that I have a fan. Actually, my age has nothing to do with it and I'm far from a punk. If the age on my profile said 45 what would you complain about? I contribute far more than you would realize because all you can pay attention to is who flames you for an idiotic question. I'm not here to please you, but I will get angry with jackass newbs who don't read the rules and abide by them. Thanks for wasting your time though.

BTW, you don't have any idea why my user rating is what it is. Guess what? It doesn't have anything to do with me being mean to fools like you. Try again.

I would agree that the mechanic is probably referring to the CVT transmision.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Revolver)

Old 06-20-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: (electric-boost)

i am glad for you "ogs" and what u guys provide to the ht community, even though u come off as jackasses sometimes =P

Old 06-20-2005, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by funvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thanks for your help you must have won alot of spelling bees </TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't be angry with him for correcting you. as soon as I saw the thread title its all I wanted to do.

btw, alot=2 words not 1. a lot.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:56 PM
Go Tigers!

Default Re: (ReD . EK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ReD . EK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i am glad for you "ogs" and what u guys provide to the ht community, even though u come off as jackasses sometimes =P

</TD></TR></TABLE>

yep, like this post for example. It was the OG's that answered the question...
Old 06-20-2005, 10:04 PM

Default Re: sorry guys veig question (bense)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bense &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">11 posts down and we finally got an answer! </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bense &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yep, like this post for example. It was the OG's that answered the question... </TD></TR></TABLE>

I can see that you're doing your fair share...
Old 06-20-2005, 10:11 PM
Go Tigers!

Default Re: sorry guys veig question (Revolver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Revolver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can see that you're doing your fair share... </TD></TR></TABLE>

you too
Old 06-20-2005, 10:28 PM

Default Re: sorry guys veig question (bense)

Eh, we're even