Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

-SLAMMED- How do I adjust...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -SLAMMED- How do I adjust...

Okay well I have an EK on Function Form type 1 coilovers. They were on the car when I bought it and I haven't messed with them at all. Well now, I am planning on slamming my car.. but I need some questions answered first.

First off, to lower it, do I just use the little tool, and turn the sleeve on the coilover? Do you have to mess with spring rates or anything else to lower the car?

I wanna go about 1'' lower in the front and 1.5'' lower in the rear. Is there a certain number of times to turn the sleeve for a specific height, or do you just have to keep guessing until you get it right?

ALSO.. Damping. I know they are adjustable through the strut tower but I have no idea what or how to do it. They have little ***** that go down into the shock (I guess?) and they are fairly easy to turn. Is this what adjusts the damping level?

I wan't to keep them all even but I'm not sure if they are. Do I just turn them all the way to the left for least stiff, and to the right for most stiff? Do they click or just freely turn? I'm lost when it comes to this.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: -SLAMMED- How do I adjust... (Razr2)

did u use the search??? or check the FAQ
Old 05-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Trial User

Default Re: -SLAMMED- How do I adjust... (hard_boiled_EG)

Yes, I couldn't find anything.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Coilovers are pretty much self explanatory. As for the damping ****, it should have arrows pointing which way to turn for hard or soft.

Does it not?
Old 05-16-2008, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Razr2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, I couldn't find anything. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No, no, no. to you.

It's common sense how to adjust coilovers. Just to dumb it down for you, a "full coilover" is like a big screw with a nut on it. If you lower the collar(s) the spring will go lower. There is no how-to. Just do it. Get it at the ride height you want and play with the damper settings (stiff/softness) to how YOU like it. [freak].
Old 05-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Trial User

Default Re: -SLAMMED- How do I adjust... (STDClayton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by STDClayton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No, no, no. to you.

It's common sense how to adjust coilovers. Just to dumb it down for you, a "full coilover" is like a big screw with a nut on it. If you lower the collar(s) the spring will go lower. There is no how-to. Just do it. Get it at the ride height you want and play with the damper settings (stiff/softness) to how YOU like it. [freak].</TD></TR></TABLE>
Like I said I know how to adjust the height, just not the damping.. I guess I'll just turn them all the way down and then even em out..
Old 05-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah we cant tell u how stiff u want your car ,