Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Sir-G (Automatic!) Swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sir-G (Automatic!) Swap

I have a automatic 95 Civic EX Coupe and I am looking to purchase a JDM 95 Intergra Sir-G swap to throw in my car. I do want to keep my car automatic right now and don't really want to go about trying to fit a Prelude engine/tranny in there. I am not looking to make a crazy fast car or anything like that, I just think this is a good way to make my daily driver a little more fun.

As I have never done a swap before I need to know what all I need or what all I will have to do to get it all working. (I know this is asking for a lot, but I really need help!) I have tried searching and didn't find hardly any topics dealing with this kind of swap and those I did didn't have the information I needed. I need to know about motor mounts, drive axels, shifter linkage... pretty much everything. Treat me as a totally newbie (which I am) as if I don't know anything. I would really appreciate any information that anyone would be able to give me. Thank you!

-M!ke
Old 03-06-2004, 08:28 PM
Pooping on children

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Sir-G (Automatic!) Swap (Mikerosoft)

i dont believe they ever made and auto gsr so you might have to use an ls auto tranny
Old 03-06-2004, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Sir-G (BADEG6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BADEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont believe they ever made and auto gsr so you might have to use an ls auto tranny</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you did that what ECU would you use?

I don't wanna preform this swap, I'm just curious now
Old 03-06-2004, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Sir-G (BADEG6)

The automatic B18C is available in japan. Very hard to find here stateside though.

If I were you, I would just turbo or mod the motor further.
Old 03-07-2004, 01:50 PM

Default Sir-G

They do have Automatic GSR Integras, but as it has already been stated, they were only available in Japan and are hard to find. I am not worried about it being hard to come by, because I actually have one that I am to pick up later this week. My question was what parts am I going to need to drop this into my car.

The place I am buying from, says it is a complete swap. I just want to make sure that they are selling me everything that I need in order for it to go in. I imagine everything would be the same (between the manual B18C and the automatic) except for possibly the one tranny mount. If anyone could even give me a parts list of what I would need to put a manual B18C engine in to a 95 Civic Coupe I would really appreciate it. Thank you!
Old 03-07-2004, 09:43 PM

Anyone?! I really need some info on this. Be sure that I will place all my information (and pictures) up here once I get it going... but I can't without some help. I am completely in the dark on this subject.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:48 PM

Default Re: (Mikerosoft)

im not sure, u know how hard it is, to convert a D series automatic shifter and drop a B series automatic engine, it is so much wiring, keeping it automatic is such a waste, be a man and get a 5 speed, i did my auto to 5 speed swap and I LOVE IT, i will never mod a auto agian.

wiring up the automatic shift to tranny is going to be a bitch, not to mention a waste of time and money, unless ur getting it for bragin rights it's just NOT WORTH IT

Old 03-07-2004, 09:53 PM

Default Re: (Quad-Damge)

Would I be better off going with a second generation b16a with an auto tranny? Switching to manual is not soemthing I am really interested in, but thank your for your imput and the advice. I had no idea I would have that much trouble.