Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Should i pursue this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should i pursue this?

okay about a year ago my srs light came on. i went to the honda dealership to see why this light was on and they based this light on a theory that when my cd player was stolen the theifs somehow damaged the srs system and this made the light come on about 6 to 9 months later well no big loss, insurance covered it and i was out of a car for about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. the bill ended up costing the insurance company about 1000 dollars.

well i got in a wreck about a month ago and my airbags didn't deploy. i was going about 25 mph and other driver was going around 40mph (she was drunk and ran from the scene) when she collided with my front driver side. well i found it very funny that i went through all that and they didn't deploy.

now for the next interesting thing. on sat. night i was driving back home with my girlfriend and we heard a very odd sound when we turned. a clicking noise. i thought cv joints. well i keep going straight and now the sound persist getting louder and louder. well right before i enter the tunnel the sound sounds like its about to just break, whatever it might be. so i stop to the side of the road get out and just try and see if the lugnuts are loose. come to find out that was the problem. i could turn them with my fingers they were so loose.

so, my question is. should i pursue this as far as just letting someone high up in honda land that whoever worked on my car is just an idiot? or is there something more i can do? what are all of your thoughts? do you think its just a waste of my time? thanks to anyone who replies.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should i pursue this? (Origin)

sorry if this doesn't go here, but i thought i would just ask.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:06 PM

waste of your time.
What are you going to do sue them for loose lug nuts?
The other issue about the airbags not deploying, you need to find out if the impact would have triggered the sensor. In either case you weren't hurt as a result so I wouldn't expect anything monetary out of them. Go find another hobby.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:07 PM

thats wierd that it only made a clicking noise. Someone tried to steal my rims when i was at work on day but couldnt get the nutlocks off. As soon as i started driving, the two back wheels were wobblong so badly that it felt like my car was just going to fall apart.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:08 PM

If you were going to pursue something, what would it be? If you were going to ask for 10 million and you have the time, go for it. There aren't many lawyers that would take a case like this if you weren't going to ask for lots of money. So if you are okay and nothing happened to you, then you shouldn't sue. If ya already saw a doctor, been diagnosed with some issues, then go for it. It's up to you! And the lawyer will see what your intentions are! If they are money, they'll go for it. If they are to get even or recognition, then they won't.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Should i pursue this? (hb_racer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hb_racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you were going to pursue something, what would it be? If you were going to ask for 10 million and you have the time, go for it. There aren't many lawyers that would take a case like this if you weren't going to ask for lots of money. So if you are okay and nothing happened to you, then you shouldn't sue. If ya already saw a doctor, been diagnosed with some issues, then go for it. It's up to you! And the lawyer will see what your intentions are! If they are money, they'll go for it. If they are to get even or recognition, then they won't.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Money for what though?
Old 05-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should i pursue this? (b16ahybrid)

If you got hit on the corner it probably won't trigger the airbags. Some guy pulled out in front of my brother in his s2000 at about 35 mph, hit the hood a little bit, mostly the passenger fender and then all the way down the side of the car (totalled it). The airbags never deployed for that.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:16 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Origin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">okay about a year ago my srs light came on. i went to the honda dealership to see why this light was on and they based this light on a theory that when my cd player was stolen the theifs somehow damaged the srs system and this made the light come on about 6 to 9 months later well no big loss, insurance covered it and i was out of a car for about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. the bill ended up costing the insurance company about 1000 dollars.

well i got in a wreck about a month ago and my airbags didn't deploy. i was going about 25 mph and other driver was going around 40mph (she was drunk and ran from the scene) when she collided with my front driver side. well i found it very funny that i went through all that and they didn't deploy.

now for the next interesting thing. on sat. night i was driving back home with my girlfriend and we heard a very odd sound when we turned. a clicking noise. i thought cv joints. well i keep going straight and now the sound persist getting louder and louder. well right before i enter the tunnel the sound sounds like its about to just break, whatever it might be. so i stop to the side of the road get out and just try and see if the lugnuts are loose. come to find out that was the problem. i could turn them with my fingers they were so loose.

so, my question is. should i pursue this as far as just letting someone high up in honda land that whoever worked on my car is just an idiot? or is there something more i can do? what are all of your thoughts? do you think its just a waste of my time? thanks to anyone who replies.</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Origin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">okay about a year ago my srs light came on. i went to the honda dealership to see why this light was on and they based this light on a theory that when my cd player was stolen the theifs somehow damaged the srs system and this made the light come on about 6 to 9 months later well no big loss, insurance covered it and i was out of a car for about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. the bill ended up costing the insurance company about 1000 dollars.

so, my question is. should i pursue this as far as just letting someone high up in honda land that whoever worked on my car is just an idiot? or is there something more i can do? what are all of your thoughts? do you think its just a waste of my time? thanks to anyone who replies.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe I misunderstood but... why after 1 month after the accident or 1 year after this SRS thing cause you to have some sort of case of lugnuts being loose?

Old 05-10-2004, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

O.T. but,
one day I was on the freeway going 65 around a long sweeping turn, I felt the car almost sliding wierdly and making a woblly sound. I pulled over and looked around, saw nothing.

Got home to check the axles and bearings, Went to the right front tire to jack it up, lol and behold, 2 nuts are missing, damn lucky the wheel didnt break off on the freeway.

Must have been when I was adjusting the coil overs and didnt tighten it enough.

Had friend lose a wheel on the street once.

You cant really connect the dots with the SRS and nuts.

Old 05-10-2004, 02:44 PM

Default Re: (the-one1)

This country revolves around someone being sued. The other day I asked my manager for an aspirin for my headache.....well guess what, he couldnt give me any because some assclown had an allergic reaction and sued. Everyday you see something as a result of someone else being sued.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:20 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16ahybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Money for what though? </TD></TR></TABLE>

He could sue that he has nightmares, fears of driving, crashing, mental illness, etc... There are a bunch of things that he could sue for. They may seem ridiculous in our eyes, but the courts take them seriously.

So if ya wanna sue, a lawyer would only take it if you were willing to go all the way, no matter how ridiculous it sounds. But you have to believe in it!
Old 05-11-2004, 09:40 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hb_racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">He could sue that he has nightmares, fears of driving, crashing, mental illness, etc... There are a bunch of things that he could sue for. They may seem ridiculous in our eyes, but the courts take them seriously.

So if ya wanna sue, a lawyer would only take it if you were willing to go all the way, no matter how ridiculous it sounds. But you have to believe in it!</TD></TR></TABLE>

no, based on what he said he couldn't sue for any of those.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:38 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hb_racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">He could sue that he has nightmares, fears of driving, crashing, mental illness, etc... There are a bunch of things that he could sue for. They may seem ridiculous in our eyes, but the courts take them seriously.

So if ya wanna sue, a lawyer would only take it if you were willing to go all the way, no matter how ridiculous it sounds. But you have to believe in it!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah they take it serious because they have to. Everybody is entitled to a fair trial.
With that said, Get a life if you feel that you deserve money for having nighmares, fears of driving, mental ANGUISH (it's not an illness) , you shouldnt be driving in the first place.
I still don't see how the dealership ties into the loose lug nuts. It was a year later.
I'm so sick of people trying to place blame elsewhere, anwhere but on them.
You sound like my ex-wife, nothing was ever her fault. Somebody else fucked up. thats part of the reason why she's and EX.
It's frivulous lawsuits like this (would be) that ties up the court system. It's getting so bad that there are several accused murderers behind bars waiting to go to trial for months even years. I know if I was the family of the victim I would hate to have to wait years to get justice. **** Those victims suffer 100 times more mental anguish then someone who has loose lug nuts.
So while these people who have lost a brother,son, friend, and or DAD have to wait and wait and wait because of all these stuipid frivulous lawsuits.
Try spending 3 years going to trials and more trials only to have the person charged with manslaughter instead of murder. That hurts.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:37 PM
Trial User

Gaw.. I'm so lost by this extremely confusing post. Was a waste of my time reading this GDD post.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:50 PM

So did honda have something to do with loosening your lug nuts? I don't see how that even plays into this. If you are trying to get money out of the airbags not deploying, run full speed into a brick wall 5 or 6 times and then go see a doctor and claim your injuries were a result of your air bags not deploying. Also how does a woman who crashed her vehicle going 40 drive it away from the scene?

Brian
Old 05-11-2004, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should i pursue this? (DixieRedneck)

wow. okay. i obviously didn't explain this clear enough. first off let me just say i don't want to sue anyone and never said i did. i was just trying to see if by bringing up (to honda) that the situation of my lugnuts being lose and possibly causing me to have a wreck was worth the time to tell someone. i never wanted any compensation for me having to get out of my car and tighten them a few turns. what im more worried about are the other people who might not think of such things if say it happened to someone else and later on risk death or injury or whatever could possibly happen.

as far as the airbags deploying im also not looking for compensation. i was just wondering if it sounded weird to anyone else that they didn't deploy on impact. also, i was looking for more insight on why my srs system somehow magically screwed up a few months after my cd player got stolen. was honda just blowing smoke out there *** by telling me that it was the theives fault so that they got their money instead of it falling under warranty (at the time i still had full warranty on the car)

and for the people who didn't understand the timeline of events
1. around mid year 2002 thieves broke into car and stole cd player

2. 6 to 9 months later my SRS light came on. took it to the shop (honda), took them 2 weeks to fix and honda blamed the srs light on the thieves so insurance covered it.

3. mid april 2004 car hit by drunk driver. air bags didn't deploy (after being fixed). wondering if that was normal under the conditions. car is also in the shop being fixed for the following 2 weeks.

4. get car back after the 2 weeks and drive it till this past sat. (april 8th) and discover the lug nuts are about to fall off. obviously the shop (treadwell honda) forgot to tighten them considering both sides were loose and i didn't touch them. only one was about to completely fall off, the other did need tightening though.

5. here i am today. perfectly fine, nothing wrong.

i really intended this post to just be about letting someone (at least important enough to make a difference) at honda know, but i have personally just come to the realization that the only way something would ever make a definate change was if i was hurt. i never had the intentions of sueing or trying to find money that wasn't there.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Origin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so, my question is. should i pursue this as far as just letting someone high up in honda land that whoever worked on my car is just an idiot? or is there something more i can do? what are all of your thoughts? do you think its just a waste of my time? thanks to anyone who replies.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i understand that a lot of people sue for some stupid **** out there, but in no way or form did i ever say anything about sueing. i was just wondering if my situation could make a difference.

Old 05-11-2004, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should i pursue this? (VtecDeMoN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VtecDeMoN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So did honda have something to do with loosening your lug nuts? I don't see how that even plays into this. If you are trying to get money out of the airbags not deploying, run full speed into a brick wall 5 or 6 times and then go see a doctor and claim your injuries were a result of your air bags not deploying. Also how does a woman who crashed her vehicle going 40 drive it away from the scene?

Brian</TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry for the confusion again, i was in a hurry to write this before i got to work. honda, i assume when fixing the car, removed the wheels and never tightened the lug nuts when they were done. again, im not trying to get money. and a drunk driver (the woman) ran from the scene in her car. my car was towed to the repair shop that night. i think you read that sentance a little too fast.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should i pursue this? (DixieRedneck)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DixieRedneck &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Gaw.. I'm so lost by this extremely confusing post. Was a waste of my time reading this GDD post.</TD></TR></TABLE>

im sorry it was so much of a waste of your time. if it is a gdd post go ahead and send it there, personally i don't think the post needs anymore insight and i think we should just let it die now.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:49 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Origin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
so, my question is. should i pursue this as far as just letting someone high up in honda land that whoever worked on my car is just an idiot? or is there something more i can do? what are all of your thoughts? do you think its just a waste of my time? thanks to anyone who replies.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's never a waste of time to bring it to someones attention, like you said it may prevent and accident down the road. I would definatly let them know.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Origin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
? or is there something more i can do? what are all of your thoughts? .</TD></TR></TABLE>
I don't know what your looking for. Thats about as much as you can do.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:58 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16ahybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
It's frivulous lawsuits like this (would be) that ties up the court system. It's getting so bad that there are several accused murderers behind bars waiting to go to trial for months even years. I know if I was the family of the victim I would hate to have to wait years to get justice. **** Those victims suffer 100 times more mental anguish then someone who has loose lug nuts.
So while these people who have lost a brother,son, friend, and or DAD have to wait and wait and wait because of all these stuipid frivulous lawsuits.
Try spending 3 years going to trials and more trials only to have the person charged with manslaughter instead of murder. That hurts.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I believe these frivilous lawsuits tie up the civil courts. The murder cases go to criminal court. So when you divorced your wife, you went to family or civil court and not criminal. But yah, they are frivilous.

To just let them know would be a waste of time. The manager would just say sorry and maybe give ya something (probably not.) Then he would not say anything to his crew because he would think it wasn't his fault. End of story. Just thank god you are okay and go on and turn your car to a 7 second car with a full roll cage. heh..
Old 05-11-2004, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a kid around here got in an accident w/ his bmw, and the airbags didnt pop. the family sued, and now he drives a bentley.......
Old 05-12-2004, 08:07 AM

sorry for the confusion again, i was in a hurry to write this before i got to work. honda, i assume when fixing the car, removed the wheels and never tightened the lug nuts when they were done. again, im not trying to get money. and a drunk driver (the woman) ran from the scene in her car. my car was towed to the repair shop that night. i think you read that sentance a little too fast.</TD></TR></TABLE>Ok so now I get it. Well I would talk to honda about the airbags not deploying, do you have any receipts from them working on them? If so that would be some good evidence to support your claim that they put your life at risk. The lug nuts though can be kinda iffy, but still talk to them about that too.

Brian