Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Shop screwing me over! Need help...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shop screwing me over! Need help...

Heres the deal.... I was getting my brakes done at my local shop and when they were taking my car off the lift my front lip got ripped off. I have no clue how they did it but the lip was pretty messed up. They offered to buy me a new lip, have it painted whatever. So i went in with a quote for a new lip, just one of those cheap mugen knockoffs and they said I have to purchase it first and then they would pay me. Im on a tight budget and I really can't afford to do that and I don't want them to screw me over..

Heres where I need some help......... Can anyone that runs a shop or online store or anything get me a reciept saying I purchased a lip. It doesn't have to be fancy just one of those abs plastic mugen lips. It would be much appreciated and I would front you some money, not alot because im broke haha. Thanks guys.

Oh and sorry if I posted in the wrong forum but it happened to my hatch and I know how much everyone in there values there civics
Old 05-26-2003, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Shop screwing me over! Need help... (triplet)

That's their problem you shouldn't have to worry about it. Just threaten them with contacting the better buisness bureau and I'mn sure they will take care of everything.
Old 05-26-2003, 10:28 AM

have them write down what they said on paper, and sign it.
Old 05-26-2003, 10:50 AM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Shop screwing me over! Need help... (kwik2nec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kwik2nec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">have them write down what they said on paper, and sign it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes. The only reason they're not gonna front you the money first, is because then you could go off with all the money and not buy the lip that was damaged.

Also, I'm actually surprised they will buy you a lip. They're lifts aren't meant for lowerd cars with lowered skirting underneath. It's pretty much your fault, but it's cool they will do something about it.

And no, you have no case for the BBB
Old 05-26-2003, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

but the fact that they agreed to take the car in makes them responsible for the car. Sue their asses if they try to hose you
Old 05-26-2003, 11:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (skratchnsnift)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skratchnsnift &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but the fact that they agreed to take the car in makes them responsible for the car. Sue their asses if they try to hose you</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, if you try to sue them without any kind of proof that "they said this they said that" you will lose and end up worse.
Due to time , court fees(around $28 depends where u live),parking fees($6-8), taking work off, waiting for it to be heard(means no lip until then) and risking you might lose because of lack of evidence.

Just like Emerika said, their lifts arent meant for lower cars.

And YES, it is nice of them that they are even fixing it for you , just make sure you get what they said in writing , dated and signed. That way , you can take further actions if they didnt take care of their actions as promised.

Old 05-26-2003, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Shop screwing me over! Need help... (Emerika)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Emerika &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yes. The only reason they're not gonna front you the money first, is because then you could go off with all the money and not buy the lip that was damaged.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Doesn't matter. IF they are liable (and that's a big IF), then they owe you the money whether you spend it on a new lip or a hooker.
Old 05-26-2003, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmmm
Old 05-26-2003, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Shop screwing me over! Need help... (sappsycho)

OK, if their lifts arent meant for lowered cars then they shouldnt have used them now should they? That makes them liable. Why do you think some shops wont work on lowered cars?
Old 05-26-2003, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Shop screwing me over! Need help... (uncle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by uncle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OK, if their lifts arent meant for lowered cars then they shouldnt have used them now should they? That makes them liable. Why do you think some shops wont work on lowered cars? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly, they took responsibility when they put that car on the lift, you can obviously tell when a car is lowered or not, they took over responsibility and now they are responsible, they owe you the money for the lip, however dont try and jerk them around, they are being kool to you and now you should do the same, just explain to them your limited financial situation and maybe they will be nice and work something out, have fun and good luck !
Old 05-26-2003, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Shop screwing me over! Need help... (Honda_ej6)

Yeah I understand its cool of them to pay for it... But I really need to fix my engine and I dont want to throw out 100 of my own cash... Can anyone just hook me with up a receipt saying I bought the lip??? I am actually going to buy the lip and not try and screw the place over.. Ive been going there for a while and there cool people I just wont have the money to buy a lip for a while and need someone to hook it up saying I got one..
Old 05-26-2003, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Shop screwing me over! Need help... (uncle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by uncle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's their problem you shouldn't have to worry about it. Just threaten them with contacting the better buisness bureau and I'mn sure they will take care of everything.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the only time BBB will do anything, is when the business is a member of the BBB. you're best bet would be with the Bureau of Automotive Repairs (BAR) they're the police for ALL the automotive repairs/body shops in California. I had to threaten a repair shop for doing a shitty job on my car once with reporting them to the Bureau and it got them really scared, the dam repair shop even offered me a free oil change lol.
Old 05-26-2003, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Shop screwing me over! Need help... (sleeperciv)

Im not worried about them giving me my money.. its just I want to get the money ahead of time before I spend my own money... If someone could hook me up with a receipt I could take it in and get my money then go and get the lip.
Old 05-26-2003, 06:06 PM
New User

can't the shop you took it to order a front lip for you?
Old 05-26-2003, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Shop screwing me over! Need help... (EkREV)

I really doubt if anyone will give you a receipt saying you gave them $100 when you never did. Then their *** is on the line if you were to say you never got the lip.
Old 05-26-2003, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Shop screwing me over! Need help... (Crazy Cooter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Crazy Cooter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I really doubt if anyone will give you a receipt saying you gave them $100 when you never did. Then their *** is on the line if you were to say you never got the lip.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was hoping someone on here could just say they sent me out one or just make a receipt saying they sent one out... It wouldnt be like me saying I never got a lip I just want one saying I got it so I can take it to the shop and get my money and then buy one.
Old 05-26-2003, 07:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can t see why u can t give them a source of a lip..then have them get it for u and repair the car..after all..its their responsibility to fix it..not urs
Old 05-27-2003, 06:00 AM

Default Re: Shop screwing me over! Need help... (deepnite)

I brought in a print out from torn active showing them the civic type r style front lip and they said I would have to purchase it first, get a reciept and then they would pay me back.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My friend got his exhaust ripped off in a BP automatic car wash. The gas station payed for a whole enew exhaust set up and then a little bit extra.
Old 05-27-2003, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Shop screwing me over! Need help... (EF9_SiR)

Can anyone that recently bought a lip or anyone that runs a shop just send me a receipt or print me one or anything?!!?! thats all i need.. Ill throw you 20 bucks for it..