Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

serious problem with axels. need help plsss

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default serious problem with axels. need help plsss

i have a 94 honda civic coupe with a b16 motor and a gsr tranny on top of that. im having problems with my axels because they have been popping out on my passenger side.i notice when i look at my axels(maybe on the third axles now cus of this problem) that everything is okay except for the tip of the axel(the part that goes in the tranny) which looks to be worn out or doesnt look like the treds are there no more. im assuming that if theres no tred on the tip the axels they are going to free itself out of the tranny. am i puting the axels the wrong way which i dont think i did?is somthing wrong with my dif. i also notice a little play on the axels is it normal?i can move it a bit up and down and at frist out a little. and this all happend when i started hearing light knocking noise comming from my engine bay and when i down shift my car causing the axles to pop out.pls need help
Old 12-24-2008, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: serious problem with axels. need help plsss

if its wearing the splines down the could be a problem i guess, is that snap ring looking thing still on it?
Old 12-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

are you using integra axles?
Old 12-24-2008, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by z6hatchboy
if its wearing the splines down the could be a problem i guess, is that snap ring looking thing still on it?

the snap ring is still on put the the tip or whatever u call it is strip badly.i only notice that, only the tip is strip and the rest is fine. i was just wondering if im not installing it the correct way but that cant be i've installed a lot and ony my this time it doesnt work or the axels pop put. today i tired yaking the axles with my bare hands and the axel was play. i mean the axels coulndt go out completly but just enough that its going to pop out soon.im hoping its not my tran. this is so fustrating.plz help or advices would be appreciated.thax
Old 12-24-2008, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Anon51
are you using integra axles?
i have gsr tranny so yah im using the integra but i believe all the b series axles and compatable to all the b series tranny.is it? thax for ur help man
Old 12-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea they are. just making sure you are. are you pushing the axle all the way in when you install them?
Old 12-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

try to redo it again. Take out the axel and have a look at it. make sure the booth isnt torn or leaking oil, check the teeth and make sure its not damaged. After wards put it back in by hand and do not hammer it in. Try it out again and see what happens. also use greese for the tip of the axels.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Anon51
yea they are. just making sure you are. are you pushing the axle all the way in when you install them?
yah iam.im actually gently hammering it all the way.at first i was just shoving it inside until it was completly in but ever since this happend i actually now hammering it in and ofcourse being watchful that i dont break anything inside. at first the axels are in no way of comming out but wen i first start the car and turn it off to check the play on the axels, it is easy to dislocated it from the tranny. funny thing i drive it around a little bit but not to far incase i get stuck on the road the axles dont com out completely that it does come impossible to put it on gear. i guess i have to abuse the drive to mAKE SUREthe axels are not comming out. do you know if when ur installing ur axels is there any gap in where the tranny meets the axels because i see theres a little in mind.i tought this gap is fine beacause theres a part around the axel tip that prevents it from going in making no gap
Old 12-25-2008, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by raidacaipo
try to redo it again. Take out the axel and have a look at it. make sure the booth isnt torn or leaking oil, check the teeth and make sure its not damaged. After wards put it back in by hand and do not hammer it in. Try it out again and see what happens. also use greese for the tip of the axels.
okay thatx man i will try it again. this time i will do all the steps u told me. one thing i didnt do is out greese beacause i was sure the tranny fuild will the job.thax a lot. one question do you know if theres suppose to be a gap where the axels meet the tranny. i notice that on my car.