Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Semi-tech question.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Semi-tech question.

I am in the middle of a trade for my 97 Ek.

One guy is offering me a coupe, bad paint but with a fully built B16 engine on boost. No a/c, p/s. Speedometer not working. Also it has ys1 lsd transmission. I would be paying 100 bucks for it over my car. the lsd makes noise when turning.

The other guy is selling a 94 civic coupe for 2100 bucks, ex special edition, 4 disk brakes from factory, sunroof etc. completely stock.

What would you do. I am selling my ek for a pretty good price so,

a. Would you take the cheaper, better looking stock car and make a profit. about a 1.ish gs.

b. take the built B16 coupe on skunk2 suspension, no a/c..p/s.

Mods please move if necessary.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Id take the Better looking stock Car, take that thousand and Drop it and get new tires.

Idc how built that other car is, Its still someones elses project, Unless you were with the guy doing the swap/turbo/build and knew him i wouldnt touch it.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ifIexplode)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ifIexplode &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Id take the Better looking stock Car, take that thousand and Drop it and get new tires.

Idc how built that other car is, Its still someones elses project, Unless you were with the guy doing the swap/turbo/build and knew him i wouldnt touch it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree, for all you know he beat the **** out of that built b16 and it can be on its last leg...get the car thats stock and throw some suspension, wheels/tires and youre set
Old 12-18-2007, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Probot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Probot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i agree, for all you know he beat the **** out of that built b16 and it can be on its last leg...get the car thats stock and throw some suspension, wheels/tires and youre set</TD></TR></TABLE>

I see. The other car already has kyb gr2s and some springs. nothing else is touched.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (leoaa777)

How is the body and paint on the 94 EJ1? $2100 is a little high, but if the body/paint is in really good condition as well as the interior I would jump on that. Make sure the window regulators and moonroof motor is in good working order... especially the sunroof.

I would much rather start with a fresh canvas than continue with someone else's project.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (leoaa777)

I agree. Get the cheaper one. I'd personally never drive a motor someone else built unless I knew their work ethics extremely well (as well as how it was treated, with regards to driving and maintenance). If you really want to, build your own motor in the cheap one when you get the money. Until then, do a little suspension work and get some nice tires. That'll make it fun to drive at least.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:49 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (95ProjectEJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95ProjectEJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How is the body and paint on the 94 EJ1? $2100 is a little high, but if the body/paint is in really good condition as well as the interior I would jump on that. Make sure the window regulators and moonroof motor is in good working order... especially the sunroof.

I would much rather start with a fresh canvas than continue with someone else's project. </TD></TR></TABLE>