Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Screw on the end of the Fuel Rail

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screw on the end of the Fuel Rail

Can anyone tell me what the screw on the end of the fuel rail does? The wone near the throttle body.?

Old 05-03-2005, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Screw on the end of the Fuel Rail (sinolimitssi)

Pulse dampener...

I can't remember exactly what it does but I know when I changed my head gasket I had to replace the crush washers because it was spraying gas all over the place...

I think it quiets the pulses from the injectors and helps maintain a steady even fuel supply. I could be wrong though.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:50 AM

Default Re: Screw on the end of the Fuel Rail (EJ1 wilcox)

Hmm.. Well that screw was adjusted in and out and my car seems to be running like crap. They told me that was how you adjust my fuel pressure regulator.??? All i know is the guy adjusted it in and out and my fuel pressure guage didnt move and my car barely excelerates now. I have a hard time keeping up with traffic even. And now also when i try and excelerate hard i hear a fast repetitive snapping sound under the hood. Just trying to get some ideas what the hell happened.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1 wilcox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Pulse dampener...

I think it quiets the pulses from the injectors and helps maintain a steady even fuel supply. I could be wrong though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Right on the money.

That screw was set from the factory and I've never seen a procedure for resetting it. I've never even seen someone try and mess with it in hopes of adjusting fuel pressure - so this thread is a first.

Was your car running like crap before that screw was ever messed with? The fuel pressure regulator on Honda/Acura's are non-adjustable.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Screw on the end of the Fuel Rail (EE_Chris)

Yeah the car was running crappy before this screw was adjusted. But i found out the problem it was running crappy was because one of the fuel injectors plugs were loose and only running on 3 cylinders. I have a b20 in my car so i had a fuel regulator put in and a fuel pressure guage also. The guy at the shop thought maybe the car was running to rich with the fuel psi up to high, and quote un quote adjusted that screw saying that it is like that on american cars why not a honda. i dont know. Its running shitty now.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You had an adjustable FPR, along with an FPR gauge installed, but the guy who installed it didn't know how to adjust it??

Well, either way - what is your fuel pressure sitting at right now? What adjustable FPR did you end up getting?
Old 05-03-2005, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sinolimitssi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The guy at the shop thought maybe the car was running to rich with the fuel psi up to high, and quote un quote adjusted that screw saying that it is like that on american cars why not a honda. i dont know. Its running shitty now. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That dude is a complete moron DO yourself a favor and dont let him near your car again...........

Anyway, I would adjust the fuel pressure via the FPR and set it to stock and see how it goes from there. If the dampner is the problem, then just go to a junkyard and pick one up.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Screw on the end of the Fuel Rail (EG6 SiR)

Bump! please continue.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:27 AM

Default Re: Screw on the end of the Fuel Rail (extra cam needed)

i dont now what fuel pressure regulator i have. I beleive its sitting at 55 ish. And as far as i know stock is 43 and its supposed to be 60-65psi with the b20. I have no clue how to tune that. And the guy that installed the fpr wasnt the one that turned that screw. It was some other guy that is a local mechanic. uggghh I need help. lol
Old 05-03-2005, 09:49 AM

ttt
Old 05-03-2005, 11:18 AM
H-T White Ops

Weird. When I installed my fuel rail and fuel line set I got rid of that whole dampner thing and the car's running fine.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:21 PM

Default Re: (IslandSi)

yeah im not to positive that the thing giving me the problem. I also hooked a scanner up and got codes for O2 high signal, 02 Low signal. and Crank signal sensor. The car goes to the shop that did the swap tomorrow. Hopefully they will work everything out and make it work right again.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: (sinolimitssi)

SUP , I HAVE A D15B JDM IM GONNA PUT IN MY HATCH , HAS ANYONE NOTICED THAT THE JDM ENGINE DOESNT HAVE A DAMPENER , WHY? IS IT BETTER WITH OUT IT?? IF ANY ONE KNOWS HIT ME UP .