Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Rear wiper help

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear wiper help

Okay, some how my other post disappeared so I am making another one.

I have a 99 Hatch back that I did a power window/mirrors/locks conversion . I bought Civic SI doors and floor harness. When I go to turn on the rear wiper the light on my gauge cluster indicating that my hatch is open turns on. Now I am thinking that I need to re-wire something since the harness I installed is of a two door that does not have a rear wiper.

Has this happend to anyone else and does anyone know how to fix this?
Old 09-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rear wiper help (714DC4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 714DC4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Okay, some how my other post disappeared so I am making another one.

I have a 99 Hatch back that I did a power window/mirrors/locks conversion . I bought Civic SI doors and floor harness. When I go to turn on the rear wiper the light on my gauge cluster indicating that my hatch is open turns on. Now I am thinking that I need to re-wire something since the harness I installed is of a two door that does not have a rear wiper.

Has this happend to anyone else and does anyone know how to fix this?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I had this exact same problem. I swapped in power doors/mirrors/locks from an SI with the floor harness as well.

The SI's do not come equipped with the rear wiper, as you know. I followed the steps on this site. Basically, you're going to go back to your rear harness (where the driver's rear plastic panel is) and transplant a few wires to your SI harness from your DX harness. It's quite simple, just look it over a few times and be ready to change a few wires.

http://repo.jackmoves.com/v/er...age=5

There is more on the previous pages as well. I used this as a guide for help.

Good luck
Old 09-25-2007, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rear wiper help (confucioussae)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by confucioussae &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I had this exact same problem. I swapped in power doors/mirrors/locks from an SI with the floor harness as well.

The SI's do not come equipped with the rear wiper, as you know. I followed the steps on this site. Basically, you're going to go back to your rear harness (where the driver's rear plastic panel is) and transplant a few wires to your SI harness from your DX harness. It's quite simple, just look it over a few times and be ready to change a few wires.

http://repo.jackmoves.com/v/er...age=5

There is more on the previous pages as well. I used this as a guide for help.

Good luck </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for the info, I am going to try this in the next few days