Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Rear Wheel Bearing

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Wheel Bearing

So I have come to the conclusion that my 1992 civic cx needs new rear wheel bearings. I remember when I first got the car, it made some really loud screeching noise and after a while it stopped. Then when I went to get my swap done, they had it on the lift and they noticed my rear wheel was a bit wobbly, so they tightened down the nut. But after doing a bit of research, I think my rear bearing needs to be replaced because I can definately hear some road noise and I dont think its my tires.

I picked up a set of EK rear trailing arms and I was planning on basically swapping over the whole drum assemby onto my rear trailing arms. Does anyone know if that would fit? Also, would it be easier to just take the wheel bearings out of the EK ones and put them into the EG rear hubs and would they fit? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kevin
Old 04-19-2004, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Rear Wheel Bearing (Kevedge)

bumpp, i really want to know.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if u plan to do that, u might as well upgrade to rear disc brakes. thats what i would and plan to do!
Old 04-19-2004, 09:10 PM

Default Re: (stripes777)

Basically, that is my plan is to go rear disc, but this is just for temporary. I had a friend who had these lying around so I picked em up. When I go to rear disc Im going to make sure I do it right, and right now I just dont have the cash for it.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Kevedge)

Well how much does the teg rear conversion go for??? I didnt think it was really big $$$$$.... im not sure so dont think im being a dick
Old 04-20-2004, 06:26 AM

Default Re: (cnyej1)

Its liek 200 bucks, but right now, I dont have the cash for it. And if I did, I have other things on my list to get fixed on my car. Eventually, hopefully by end of summer, Ill have my suspension, and brakes, so I can mess around at the track. But for now, I need to fix my rear wheel bearings before they seize, or die, or explode, or whatever they are going to do, haha. This is just a temp. fix so I dont have to deal with the incredibly loud noise in the back of my car. It honestly sounds like I have off road truck tires on the back of my car.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:46 AM

Wow, just pulled apart my rear drums today in Auto, and my bearings were SHOT!!!! Im talking about super loose, and spun forever, and sounded like a horrible skateboard bearing. So as Im looking at the EK trailing arm, I unbolt the 32mm and pull the hub off, and I wonder if it would fit onto the EG spindle. So I unbolt the hub on the car and try and take off the hub. Wont budge, pulled with all my might, friends might, everything, wont budge. Bust out the slide hammer, and after a few good tugs, pops off, and also leaves the backside of the bearing stuck on there. Try chissling it off, wont come off. So I pull the backside of the EK bearing off, lube it up, and slide it onto the spindle and just left it. Tapped it all into place and everything sealed up perfectly. So now I got one down, one more to go. Gonna finish it up on Thursday.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

can you post a picture of this?
Old 04-26-2004, 12:54 PM

Default Re: (Jaesung)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jaesung &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can you post a picture of this?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sure can, Im not gonna pull apart my car though, but Ill sorta peice together everything with the EK rear trailing arms that I have laying in the garage, and show what I did.