Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

really bad gas mileage question

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 02:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default really bad gas mileage question

hello, i have a civic eg auto d15b7 and it seems that i have really bad gas mileage, i put in 25 dollars and it usually tops it but it goes empty @ 200, ive heard that people get like 350 miles or more to the tank, please any help will be apprecieated, im a college student with no many funds for gas right now, thanks.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: really bad gas mileage question

Whats the price of gas in your area?
Old 08-02-2012, 02:45 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Actual mileage information would be useful. At your next fill up (FULL fill up. Make it click a few times), reset your tripmeter. Drive until less than a quarter tank is left, then fill up again. Divide your tripmeter's reading by the amount in gallons of gas. That'll give us an accurate MPG number to figure out if you're actually low or not.

Also, when was your last full tune up? Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, timing, fuel, oil, and air filters, and oil?
Old 08-02-2012, 02:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jbpnoman
Actual mileage information would be useful. At your next fill up (FULL fill up. Make it click a few times), reset your tripmeter. Drive until less than a quarter tank is left, then fill up again. Divide your tripmeter's reading by the amount in gallons of gas. That'll give us an accurate MPG number to figure out if you're actually low or not.

Also, when was your last full tune up? Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, timing, fuel, oil, and air filters, and oil?

X2
Cuz I was about to say if he's only putting 25 bucks in that's about six gallons roughly about 30 MPG which seems about right