Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ran over a dead dog now my car stinks. will it go away?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ran over a dead dog now my car stinks. will it go away?

i was driving last night and i didnt see this big *** dead dog in the middle of the street and i ran it over. this thing was BIG. like a full grown german shepard. but ya now my car smells really bad when it gets warm and im driving around. it makes me wanna puke. i just wanna kno if this has happened to any of u and if it went away or if u kno how i could get rid of it. thanx
Old 01-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Reject Papi

Default Re: ran over a dead dog now my car stinks. will it go away? (DOHChatchGUY)

first of all for hitting a dog, let alone a dead one. lol. now, check under your car to see if there are parts of the dog under there. maybe they are stuck on your exhaust and melting or burning. another thing is to get some febreze.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ran over a dead dog now my car stinks. will it go away? (jhammond_82)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jhammond_82 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">first of all for hitting a dog, let alone a dead one. lol. now, check under your car to see if there are parts of the dog under there. maybe they are stuck on your exhaust and melting or burning. another thing is to get some febreze. </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha i know. i felt like a dumbass afterwards. im gonna check but i just dont wanna be grossed out if i find a paw or an eyeball just hangin on my exhaust pipe.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ran over a dead dog now my car stinks. will it go away? (DOHChatchGUY)

go to the carwash and use the gun to pressure wash the **** out of your undercarriage the best you can haha, maybe even take a jack and jack it up real quick so you can spray it good
Old 01-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

drive really fast through puddles when its raining
Old 01-26-2008, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ran over a dead dog now my car stinks. will it go away? (forcefedferio)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by forcefedferio &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">go to the carwash and use the gun to pressure wash the **** out of your undercarriage the best you can haha, maybe even take a jack and jack it up real quick so you can spray it good</TD></TR></TABLE>

good idea thanx. i was thinking about driving through a big *** puddle lol.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:00 PM
3lo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its not a good idea, its common sense

Modified by 3lo at 3:38 PM 1/26/2008
Old 01-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its common dollars
Old 01-26-2008, 03:55 PM

Default Re: ran over a dead dog now my car stinks. will it go away? (jinotiq)

I ran over a dead deer last year and drug it for about 15 miles till I got home.I knew I hit it but didnt know it was stuck under the car.So I know what your going threw.

Just pressure washing it wont stop the smell.You need to find a carwash that does underbody high power pressure washes.That's the only way to get rid of it.Even after that you'll smell it on long drives but it will go away.
gl
Old 01-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ran over a dead dog now my car stinks. will it go away? (Diet coke boii)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Diet coke boii &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I ran over a dead deer last year and drug it for about 15 miles till I got home.I knew I hit it but didnt know it was stuck under the car.So I know what your going threw.

Just pressure washing it wont stop the smell.You need to find a carwash that does underbody high power pressure washes.That's the only way to get rid of it.Even after that you'll smell it on long drives but it will go away.
gl </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sorry but how the hell do you drag a deer for 15 miles without knowing it?
Old 01-26-2008, 07:24 PM

Default Re: ran over a dead dog now my car stinks. will it go away? (SuM Honda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuM Honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm sorry but how the hell do you drag a deer for 15 miles without knowing it? </TD></TR></TABLE>
Hahaha well I couldn't dodge it bc of the small two lane road and oncoming traffic plus traffic on my ***.So I just ran over it thinking it would just go under.It was a small deer and it was dark as hell.I could have swore I saw it shoot out from underneath me but it didnt it was just a leg.I got home and my dad had to pull on it as I drove forward.It was f'd up lol.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol at you people running and dragging dead animal .

hopefully the smell will go away fast!
Old 01-26-2008, 08:52 PM

Default Re: (polything)

I ran over a skunk in the fall. Nothing worked, I pressure washed it, I ran through puddles. I just had to wait for the smell to go away. It took about a month.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:03 PM

I think this post got me LOL 'ing the loudest out of all H-T.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:07 PM

Default Re: (Juan_Mitosis)

First of all idk im big on animal cruelty and not saying this is by any means! but idk just got kind of pissed when all of you are laughing about a dead dog.

Yes flame on me all you want but thats just my .02 cents
Old 01-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I jumped a dead dog once, small 2 lane road on coming traffic, same deal....the only thing that is goin to get rid of the smell is a lot of pressure washing and time, it sucks...just make sure you get all the meat off of your car/suspension parts

gl
Old 01-27-2008, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (egsleepercivic)

just give it time, the hair is probably melted to the exhaust. it will burn off after awhile
Old 01-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Reject Papi

Default Re: (SlaMMedB16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SlaMMedB16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">got kind of pissed when all of you are laughing about a dead dog.</TD></TR></TABLE> we're not laughing at a dead dog, we're laughing at the fact the op hit one. and not to mention dragging a deer? come on, thats hilarious! cheer up.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jhammond_82)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jhammond_82 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> we're not laughing at a dead dog, we're laughing at the fact the op hit one. and not to mention dragging a deer? come on, thats hilarious! cheer up. </TD></TR></TABLE>
x2, being bitter about it isn't gonna bring back ole yeller...
Old 01-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (03akkord5spd)

Yes, it will stink...there's blood/guts all over the bottom of your car that's cooking on your exhaust

The same thing happened to my girlfriend's tC...naturally she did it the night before I put her TRD rear swaybar on, so I was under her car smelling that nasty smell...except it was an opossum...oh yeah, and she didn't tell me about it.

I took it to the car wash and cleaned/sprayed the underside of the car...it helped out a good bit with the stench.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JKov240)

Febreeze!
Old 12-24-2021, 06:23 PM
Trial User

Default Re: ran over a dead dog now my car stinks. will it go away?

Originally Posted by DOHChatchGUY
i was driving last night and i didnt see this big *** dead dog in the middle of the street and i ran it over. this thing was BIG. like a full grown german shepard. but ya now my car smells really bad when it gets warm and im driving around. it makes me wanna puke. i just wanna kno if this has happened to any of u and if it went away or if u kno how i could get rid of it. thanx
I did the same thing a long time ago ,only my car was so low that the dog slide under the car for quite some distance ,sticking to the exhaust and cooling. The smell was horrible even after going to the car wash and spraying the under carriage several times. But eventually the smell faded. That's one smell I'll never forget