Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

quick question about headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick question about headers

A little curious if it would make a little difference. I have a b16 sirII, skunk2 exhaust system, and a "drop in" intake and i got 149 hp on the dyno. If I threw on some dc sports headeR, how much hp would i have after that? just about? Also is it worth it?heres a pic of the whip ?

Old 05-30-2005, 02:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: quick question about headers (KrazyMC)

header there is only one on your car. did you have stock before its really hard to just guess how much power your gona get but i dont think it will be alot.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: quick question about headers (e jay one)

oo, ok thanks sorry. headeR
Old 05-30-2005, 03:33 PM

umm how hard is it to read the forum rules and guidlines??

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=990205

2.E. Posting e-racing threads in '92-00 Civic / Del Sol is not allowed. Any thread that asks “Which car will win?” or “What will my car run with xxxx mods?” will be locked immediately. Do not post these threads unless you have a timeslip or dyno graph and can back up your claim with concrete information.

Old 05-30-2005, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Forget about the peak power. Look at the entire graph. The DC header won't make a huge difference in peak power, but you may gain more midrange, and useable power below the peak point.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: quick question about headers (rodrez.)

ok, thanks guys
Old 05-30-2005, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

he is not e-racing or asking about times, he wants to know how much power is really gained through a header. i think that is pretty legit. and to answer the question, i don't think it would be that great. there is a book you can buy at a borders (or any good bookstore) and it is only dyno tests with different parts on honda motors. they test just about all bolt ons and some forced induction. i read it some in the store and i THINK you gain like no more then 10 whp through the whole exhaust system. again i THINK. im sure you could research and find out.
Old 05-30-2005, 07:36 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: quick question about headers (eg4usdm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg4usdm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">umm how hard is it to read the forum rules and guidlines??

2.E. Posting e-racing threads in '92-00 Civic / Del Sol is not allowed. Any thread that asks “Which car will win?” or “What will my car run with xxxx mods?” will be locked immediately. Do not post these threads unless you have a timeslip or dyno graph and can back up your claim with concrete information.</TD></TR></TABLE>

GTFO. I take to your rule zealotizing the same way I take to fellow Christians waving the Bible under someone's nose like it's some weapon of enforced social reform. Stop it. Nobody likes it and nobody needs to hear it from a kid with 350 posts. Period.
Old 05-30-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: quick question about headers (alleyezonme)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alleyezonme &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">he is not e-racing or asking about times, he wants to know how much power is really gained through a header. i think that is pretty legit. and to answer the question, i don't think it would be that great. there is a book you can buy at a borders (or any good bookstore) and it is only dyno tests with different parts on honda motors. they test just about all bolt ons and some forced induction. i read it some in the store and i THINK you gain like no more then 10 whp through the whole exhaust system. again i THINK. im sure you could research and find out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That said, I think the more built your motor is, the more you will get out of headers. You might get 10 extra Hp out of yoru headers w/ intake and exhaust, but you could get even more if your motor was built. ie: cams
Old 05-30-2005, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: quick question about headers (notabassist31)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">GTFO. I take to your rule zealotizing the same way I take to fellow Christians waving the Bible under someone's nose like it's some weapon of enforced social reform. Stop it. Nobody likes it and nobody needs to hear it from a kid with 350 posts. Period.</TD></TR></TABLE>
amen!
Old 05-31-2005, 04:26 AM

Default Re: quick question about headers (e jay one)

ok thaks to the ppl who helped me out, the rest of u talking about the rule can go suck a nut, its just a simple quick question, if u have nuttin to say to help me, dont post.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: quick question about headers (eg4usdm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg4usdm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">umm how hard is it to read the forum rules and guidlines??

2.E. Posting e-racing threads in '92-00 Civic / Del Sol is not allowed. Any thread that asks “Which car will win?” or “What will my car run with xxxx mods?” will be locked immediately. Do not post these threads unless you have a timeslip or dyno graph and can back up your claim with concrete information.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

prime example of an idiot that views peoples threads all day and busts there ***** for asking SIMPLE questions
Old 05-31-2005, 05:17 AM

Default Re: quick question about headers (jayare05)

prime example of an idiot that views peoples threads all day and busts there ***** for asking SIMPLE questions
WELL SAID I MUST SAY
Old 05-31-2005, 07:18 AM

Default Re: quick question about headers (spoolingb20)

here is my opinion on the headers....

if you have the money to spend....get good ones...$500+ there are a few brands out there...do a search or look on kteller.

personally i don't like DC headers...not worth the money IMO.

if your on a budget then just get some ebay special.
you'll save $100 or so & you have something thats similar...maybe not quite as good in quality but close. and if you looking @ a difference of 1-2hp between the two...personally i'd rather have the $100+ in my pocket then the 1 extra hp a DC will give you over a generic.

Old 05-31-2005, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: quick question about headers (jmayhew)

HA!

Screw HeAdArZ! Get a turbo manifold...

Seriously though, what are your goals for your car. I know when I got my Civic I said I Wanted to be turbo. So I spenty ZERO dollars on bolt ons. Waste of money. Some thing like CAI you can re-use for turbo but you cant re-use a header. If you plan to go all motor, then the header would be fine, or if you just want to free up a couple mroe ponies and stop, then a header will be fine.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Re: quick question about headers (Archidictus)

umm okay dude, i was just inforcing the rules. im sure if he searched he would have found the answers.

and i forgot when it mattered how many posts you have, just because you have 7467 posts doesnt mean your god. its not like i was reaming his throat either.