Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Question on aftermarket exhaust fitment - WS2 Piping

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 02:59 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on aftermarket exhaust fitment - WS2 Piping

I currently have a Full Apexi WS2 catback on my 00 Civic Si.

I am looking to get a different axleback (muffler) because I want something a bit louder (not ricey) I love the quietness of the WS2 but would like to try a louder muffler out for a little bit. Plus I can find one locally for pretty cheap.

So my question is, will any aftermarket axleback/muffler fit onto my WS2 piping? does it have to be apexi? I don't want to have to alter my piping because I might want to go back to the ws2 muffler.

Does it matter if it 2.0 / 2.5 / 3.0 inches? I think the ws2 is 2.5'', correct?

Thanks
Old 02-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question on aftermarket exhaust fitment - WS2 Piping (Razr2)

If the muffler is welded to the piping, then you'll have to remove it from the piping to be able to attach something else. You'll need a muffler with the same size hole as the piping.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Question on aftermarket exhaust fitment - WS2 Piping (95delsolz6)

It's not welded it's bolted on right in front of the rear LCA.

So any axleback should fit as long as it's the same size piping, correct? Is the ws2 2.5''?
Old 02-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Razr2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's not welded it's bolted on right in front of the rear LCA.

So any axleback should fit as long as it's the same size piping, correct? Is the ws2 2.5''?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It depends on how the flange lines up on the axleback and b pipe but most aftermarket axlebacks should fit your on your apexi b pipe.

The apexi n1 axleback will fit for sure. And the piping is 60mm which is about 2.34"
Old 02-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Question on aftermarket exhaust fitment - WS2 Piping (electron_si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by electron_si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It depends on how the flange lines up on the axleback and b pipe but most aftermarket axlebacks should fit your on your apexi b pipe.

The apexi n1 axleback will fit for sure. And the piping is 60mm which is about 2.34"</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks, so the axle back has to be 60mm or does it not matter if it's not exactly the same?
Old 02-27-2008, 05:34 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Razr2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I currently have a Full Apexi WS2 catback on my 00 Civic Si.

I am looking to get a different axleback (muffler) because I want something a bit louder (not ricey) I love the quietness of the WS2 but would like to try a louder muffler out for a little bit. Plus I can find one locally for pretty cheap.

So my question is, will any aftermarket axleback/muffler fit onto my WS2 piping? does it have to be apexi? I don't want to have to alter my piping because I might want to go back to the ws2 muffler.

Does it matter if it 2.0 / 2.5 / 3.0 inches? I think the ws2 is 2.5'', correct?

Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have a 2.25'' N1 style stainless steel catback on my 99 Si. I wanted to put a WS on it REAL bad. lol too bad you're in florida or we could definately work something out.

It's hard to tell if any axle back will work as they may mount in different angles. However, you should be able to fit pretty much any axleback that bolts in above the LCA.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:27 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Question on aftermarket exhaust fitment - WS2 Piping (B serious)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B serious &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I have a 2.25'' N1 style stainless steel catback on my 99 Si. I wanted to put a WS on it REAL bad. lol too bad you're in florida or we could definately work something out.

It's hard to tell if any axle back will work as they may mount in different angles. However, you should be able to fit pretty much any axleback that bolts in above the LCA. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, true.

well my friend has an n1 that he said I can try out. If I unbolt my axle back, is it okay to drive around with NO muffler at all? The guy that is buying my WS2 needs it by tomorrow, and my friend cant give me the n1 for a couple of days. I don't really mind the noise from having no muffler (just open b pipe) but I heard its not safe to run it open because of no back pressure? Will it be excrutiatingly loud even though I have a cat?

Don't know the truth behind that just wanna make sure.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Razr2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol, true.

well my friend has an n1 that he said I can try out. If I unbolt my axle back, is it okay to drive around with NO muffler at all? The guy that is buying my WS2 needs it by tomorrow, and my friend cant give me the n1 for a couple of days. I don't really mind the noise from having no muffler (just open b pipe) but I heard its not safe to run it open because of no back pressure? Will it be excrutiatingly loud even though I have a cat?

Don't know the truth behind that just wanna make sure.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

It will be pretty loud. But it's safe.