Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Question about Mirrors, I did a Search

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 01:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question about Mirrors, I did a Search

Okay, Ive been searching, going through old posts for about a week now, so PLEASE be cool and dont post "Do a Search." Its amazing how many posts are exactly like that when you go back and search. First post = Question, Second post = Do search.

Okay, unfortantely when you look through old posts most of the pictures are gone or come up with Red Xs. So I was wondering if I might get HTs help with this one. Ive been looking at Spoon/style mirrors. I dont have power mirrors but I have the handle to change the mirror from inside. Ive found that most Spoon style mirrors dont allow you to change the mirror from inside the car. I cant even find if the authentic Spoon mirrors allow you to do this.

Can anyone tell me some brands or places that sell the Spoon style mirrors that allow you to move the mirror from inside the car? And can some people please post pictures of some of the Spoon style mirrors they have on their car? Id like to see pictures of the TYC mirrors and also the authentic Spoon mirrors at least. Also, are the authentic Spoon mirrors really designed for RHD, and what would be the disadvantage?

Thank you.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Question about Mirrors, I did a Search (Motts)

The Spoons are made for RHD. The US driverside has a convex mirror and the US passengerside has a flat mirror when you put on the Spoon mirrors. USDM OEM mirrors are the complete opposite, so seeing through the Spoon mirrors will be difficult.

I don't think there are Spoon style mirrors with the handles. Just get those mirrors and buy EX mirror garnishes to get rid of the holes.

JDMShit Spoon Style Mirrors:
Old 03-17-2005, 02:18 PM
I forgot more about hondas then you will ever know....

Location: hop,skip, and a jump from the city,, new friggin york, USA
Default Re: Question about Mirrors, I did a Search (BlueIntegraBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I don't think there are Spoon style mirrors with the handles. Just get those mirrors and buy EX mirror garnishes to get rid of the holes.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 03-17-2005, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Question about Mirrors, I did a Search (BlueIntegraBoy)

Thank you for the picture. You have the JDMSh!t mirrors then. Do you find it annoying to change the mirror angle or not at all? I also dont think the mirror moves around very well (not very adjustable) do you have that problem?

Im 99% sure the TYC mirrors have the ability to hook up using the stock control (non power) but they arent a dull flat black, they are a glossy black. Thats why I was wondering how they look.

Thanks for the picture, I like the EX Cover to get rid of the holes idea. That was helpful.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the spoon flat black mirrors and they are a pain to adjust. But I guess thats because I put the actuall mirror on the housing before I installed the housing. I might have been able to stick them , pre-adjusted. but idk. But I love the way they look and the actual mirror quality is excellent. Id deffinatly recommend them
Old 03-17-2005, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Motts &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thank you for the picture. You have the JDMSh!t mirrors then. Do you find it annoying to change the mirror angle or not at all? I also dont think the mirror moves around very well (not very adjustable) do you have that problem?

Im 99% sure the TYC mirrors have the ability to hook up using the stock control (non power) but they arent a dull flat black, they are a glossy black. Thats why I was wondering how they look.

Thanks for the picture, I like the EX Cover to get rid of the holes idea. That was helpful.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I bought EX/Si covers. These mirrors don't offer the best adjustability. I mainly look over my shoulds to change lanes. I have a wideview rear view mirror which helps too.