Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

question about FLUIDYNE RADIATOR?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about FLUIDYNE RADIATOR?

i have a 98 civic HB with a b16 motor and i jus bought a FLUIDYNE RADIATOR my quetion is does the radiator hose fits right in or do i have to buy a new ones...?
Old 03-08-2006, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: question about FLUIDYNE RADIATOR? (nek9)

I'm going to assume that the stock hose will be a little too long as the new radiator is thicker. Best case - cut an inch or two off the stock hose. Worst case = spend $5 on another hose that you will also have to modify a little bit.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: question about FLUIDYNE RADIATOR? (t0p_sh0tta)

I just installed one on my EG a few months ago...The stock hoses will work just fine, I didn't have to cut them at all. However, the mounts on the fluidyne seemed to be a bit bigger in diameter than on the OEM radiator, so I had to stretch the hoses a little to get them to fit, as well as use a new clamp for the lower hose. All in all, it was a pretty easy procedure, just use a little elbow grease and it will turn out fine. Oh and after you re-fill your system with coolant, remember to release the pressure valve on the head to get any air out of it. Good luck
Old 03-08-2006, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: question about FLUIDYNE RADIATOR? (93allmotorcoupe)

Mine was just a bitch to get in cause the fluidyne hole is larger than the hose. Gotta stretch the hose a bit. Use something to lube it up so it slides on easier.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:51 AM

Default Re: question about FLUIDYNE RADIATOR? (Blazin Civic)

B Series hoses fit right onto it. D series are a bit too small.

If I were you, I would replace them with new ones anyway.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: question about FLUIDYNE RADIATOR? (93allmotorcoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93allmotorcoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I Oh and after you re-fill your system with coolant, remember to release the pressure valve on the head to get any air out of it. Good luck </TD></TR></TABLE>

im sorry no one thought me how to do that i was wondering if u can tell me how to or wat ever.. and does oem fan work..?
Old 03-08-2006, 07:34 PM

I'm gonna get a Fluidyne for my K20 project shortly, where and how much did you guys get them for?
Old 03-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: question about FLUIDYNE RADIATOR? (nek9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nek9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im sorry no one thought me how to do that i was wondering if u can tell me how to or wat ever.. and does oem fan work..?</TD></TR></TABLE>
The OEM fan will most certainly work, however you may want to think about running to your local hardware store and picking up some new bolts to use to attach it to the radiator. I dont know how yours look, but mine were all rusted and 2 of them actually broke while trying to get them off.

As far as relieving the pressure here's a basic eplanation:
1. After bolting in the new radiator, fan, and connecting all the hoses, fill the
radiator up to the top with coolant (Make sure its mixed to the correct ratio)
and put the cap on.
2. Start the car and let it idle for about 15-20 minutes to get it up to normal
operating temperature. The fan will kick on, if you connected it correctly.
3. Take a rag, wrap it around the cap and slowly take it off (its going to be hot,
hence the use of the rag). The level of coolant inside the radiator will most likely
have dropped, therefore fill it to the top again. You can leave the cap off at this
point.
4. Look at the front left-most portion of the head, and you should see a strange
looking nut facing you. It looks like a 10mm nut (im pretty sure its 10mm) with
a crown on the top and a hole in the middle that faces you. This is where you
relieve the air pressure.
5. Take a wrench (not a socket) and slowly loosen the nut, allowing coolant to flow
out, along with plenty of air (which you are trying to get rid of) Have an empty
soda bottle and a few rags handy, because coolant will get everywhere. Leave
it open for about 15-30 seconds, then tighten it back up.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 until no air, only coolant, flows out of the valve. Check the
coolant level in the radiator one more time, place the cap on, and youre all
done.

A lot of people forget to do this process and end up with air flowing through their engine along with the coolant. It isn't very hard, and I'd provide you with a pick of the actual valve to look for, but I don't have my car or my camera with me. Good luck with everything

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by professor poon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm gonna get a Fluidyne for my K20 project shortly, where and how much did you guys get them for?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I got mine for $340 plus shipping from Summit Racing. That price is a little on the high side, however I know if I ever have a problem with it I can send it back to Summit and they'll exchange it for me. I think now there's a sponsor who sells them here on honda-tech for much cheaper, but they weren't around when I got mine.