Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

The Quest For More Horsepower

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Quest For More Horsepower

Hey guys just wandering, I'm keeping my car NA and if I want to unlock more hp from my engine will a 11k rpm speedometer will help me rev it up higher for more acceleration or what will help unlock more hp from the engine for faster time? My time on the drag strip with the stock motor was 15 but I'm getting a B20 engine soon and some advice or tips from y'all experience NA guys will help me out a lot to reach 11 or 12 on the drag strip
Old 12-22-2018, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Re: The Quest For More Horsepower

So youre asking how to make a bseries run a 11 second quarter mile all motor?

Uh maybe the engine will fit in the trunk of a hellcat
Old 12-22-2018, 08:31 PM
Stancetard Hate Monger

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, swap the tach, and as soon as you do wind it to 10k. itll fly.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RonCha
Hey guys just wandering, I'm keeping my car NA and if I want to unlock more hp from my engine will a 11k rpm speedometer will help me rev it up higher for more acceleration or what will help unlock more hp from the engine for faster time? My time on the drag strip with the stock motor was 15 but I'm getting a B20 engine soon and some advice or tips from y'all experience NA guys will help me out a lot to reach 11 or 12 on the drag strip
So, trying to make sense of your post (I'm assuming English is not your first language), when you say an "11K rpm speedometer", I assume you're referring to a tachometer. Yes, no? Assuming "Yes", then no, changing the tachometer will not in any way make your car faster.
Old 12-23-2018, 01:43 AM
Stancetard Hate Monger

do you have to ruin my fun?
Old 12-23-2018, 02:46 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 221 Likes on 198 Posts

OP, use a tach from a Hayabusa bike. It goes up to 13K RPM. Imagine the power you get from it....

Old 12-23-2018, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know it's not just the techometer that I have to swap but I'm also gonna rebuild the engine with new proformance pistons, crank shafts, cank gears, valves, and injectors and I'm gonna get a set of coilovers to adjust the stiffness for a more stable ride so I won't fish tail, and I'm gonna get some grippy tires for my front tires
Old 12-23-2018, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know it's not just the techometer that I have to swap but I'm also gonna rebuild the engine with new proformance pistons, crank shafts, cank gears, valves, and injectors and I'm gonna get a set of coilovers to adjust the stiffness for a more stable ride so I won't fish tail, and I'm gonna get some grippy tires for my front tires
Good luck; from a tough love perspective, you don't sound like you have the technical skillset to pull off such a build.
Old 12-23-2018, 11:59 AM
Stancetard Hate Monger

fish tail? as in rear wheel drive? i think you're all set there. unless you strap a ****** rocket booster or something to that car, it will never see 11's n/a. NEVER. the odds of santa letting me sodomize one of his reindeer and simultaneously make jerky out of another while the easter bunny watches and cranks down are better.
Old 12-23-2018, 12:10 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

So you came here to start a trolling OP about revving higher and now you're adding suspension to NOT fish tail?
Old 12-24-2018, 07:17 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

I doubt OP even has a car.
Old 12-24-2018, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 576 Likes on 382 Posts

someone who will make a post like this without any information about even the type of car they own will not be taking seriously around here. Building a fast N/A car is not cheap or a good daily driver usually. 300whp range will be needed on most full interior cars

Last edited by turboLScrx; 12-24-2018 at 10:00 AM.
Old 12-24-2018, 08:37 AM
Fish Twig

You wanna rev high, a different tach isnt going to achieve that. Get a chip ecu and remove the rev limiter and be prepared for anything.
Old 12-28-2018, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well go a head and roast me all y'all want I've help my brother with all of his build since I was a freshman in highschool and this is my first build and I just want to do it right and the tachometer thing was a idea I got from my cuz and i thought this was a site that guys like me could ask for help and tips and tricks I just it's just a bunch of dude with nothing better to do than sit at the computer all day trying to kill the car scene for younger genterations well I'm done with this site full of trolls and haters bye
Old 12-28-2018, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 576 Likes on 382 Posts

Well go a head and roast me all y'all want I've help my brother with all of his build since I was a freshman in highschool and this is my first build and I just want to do it right and the tachometer thing was a idea I got from my cuz and i thought this was a site that guys like me could ask for help and tips and tricks I just it's just a bunch of dude with nothing better to do than sit at the computer all day trying to kill the car scene for younger genterations well I'm done with this site full of trolls and haters bye
your orignal post was written like a troll post, you want to be taken seriously like someone that’s about to dump thousands of dollars into something..... just act like it. People have been nothing but helpful to me on this site, but don’t be mad when you gave nothing for anybody to go off of
Old 12-28-2018, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Geez, learn how to write in English, it is the language of the land you know, and then learn how to properly ask a coherent question. Do those things and folks will bend over backwards to help you.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:52 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Don't get mad at us because you're just a lazy *** who have no clue what to do. Why don't you ask your brother about cars instead of random people on a car forum. Lazy ***** these days. Act all entitled like the world owes you something. GTFOH newb.
Old 12-29-2018, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tony_2018
You wanna rev high, a different tach isnt going to achieve that. Get a chip ecu and remove the rev limiter and be prepared for anything.
lol stop feeding the troll

my god op i hope youre from another country because you dont speak the language of Freedom very fluently

and swapping a tach isn't going to help you. if you like the bigger numbers go for an OMNI POWER tach, i put one in my EJ1 and it was cool looking and high quality
Old 12-29-2018, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

mine cost like 150-200 dollars, dont remember. bolt in swap, took 20 minutes start to finish. you can customize the redline, i think they give you 7.5, 8, 8.5, and 9, and maybe 9.5
Old 12-29-2018, 08:55 AM
Fish Twig

Lol so with a chip ecu you cant remove the rev limiter? Ok chop shop.
Old 12-29-2018, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tony_2018
Lol so with a chip ecu you cant remove the rev limiter? Ok chop shop.
who is this comment aimed at?