Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Power trunk release "option button" part #?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power trunk release "option button" part #?

I have a 97 Ex with keyless entry. I found out that the "option" button on my remote is a dealership option for a power trunk release kit and i was wondering if anyone can find the part number for the ek kit as i am having trouble finding it myself.

Thanks.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:08 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Power trunk release "option button" part #?

Originally Posted by XanderusMaximus
I have a 97 Ex with keyless entry. I found out that the "option" button on my remote is a dealership option for a power trunk release kit and i was wondering if anyone can find the part number for the ek kit as i am having trouble finding it myself.

Thanks.
There was never a power trunk release for our cars.

The option button turns the horn beep on and off.

Programming instructions: http://www.handa-accessories.com/civic/98keyless.gif

Name:  bTaE2.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  106.8 KB

If you actually look in the owner's manual on page 52 you'll see directions about the keyless. There is information about the option button too.

Keys and Locks

Remote Transmitter

On EX model in the US

You can lock and unlock your car with the remote transmitter. When you push the Lock button, both doors will lock.

When you push th Unlock button once, only the driver's door unlocks. The passenger's door unlocks when you push the button a second time.

The interior light (if the interior light switch is in the center position) will come on when you press the Unlock button. If you do not open either door, the light will go out in about 30 seconds and the doors will automatically relock. If you relock the doors with the remote transmitter before the 30 seconds have elapsed, the light will go off immediately.

You cannot lock or unlock the doors with the remote transmitter if either door is open or he key is in the ignition switch.

If the transmitter does not activate the locks, stand next to the car and press either the Lock or Unlock button six times. The door locks should then work. If they do not check the LED on the transmitter as you press either button. If it does not come on, replace the battery.

Horn Operation

You can program the remote transmitter to have the horn beep when you lock and unlock the doors It will beep once when you lock the doors, and twice when you unlock them.

To turn this feature on and off, press and hold the Option button on the remote transmitter, then immediately press the Lock button. If you are turning the horn on, the remote transmitter's LED will come on for one second. If you are turning the horn off, the LED will blink twice. Release the buttons after the LED goes out.

The horn feature will be off after you install a new battery in the remote transmitter.

Panic Mode

Panic mode allows you to remotely sound your car's horn to attract attention. To Activate this mode, press and hold the Panic button for about one second. Your car's horn will beep for about 30 seconds.

To cancel Panic mode before 30 seconds, press any button on the remote transmitter. You can also turn the ignition switch to ACCESSORY (I) or ON (II).

Panic mode will not activate if the ignition switch if in ACCESSORY (I) or ON (II).
Old 07-23-2019, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a similar question for my o2 civic ex..I was wondering if the original remote has a trunk release on it..? Can
Anyone tell me?
Old 07-23-2019, 05:20 PM
Hysterically Calm

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Tracecross30
I have a similar question for my o2 civic ex..I was wondering if the original remote has a trunk release on it..? Can
Anyone tell me?
Bumping a nine year old thread about a car that doesn't even belong in this section.
Please post your question in the proper section for your car.

The following users liked this post: