Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Power Lock Upgrade - Already Searched

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Power Lock Upgrade - Already Searched

Simple question. I pulled some power locks and door handles out of a 94 Integra LS. Will these work on my 93 CX? I know for sure the handles will not, but will I be able to use the actual latch and lock mechanism in my car with no trouble?
Old 01-18-2005, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Power Lock Upgrade - Already Searched (Hybrid93Eg)

post some pic... cause the only one that i know would work will be 99-00 si
Old 01-19-2005, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Power Lock Upgrade - Already Searched (2lua)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2lua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">post some pic... cause the only one that i know would work will be 99-00 si</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, I test fit the locks themselves and they all line up and work fine. I just put the whole Integra latch in there. Works fine there. The one main rod is too long off the Integra and you cannot transplant the Civic rods to the Integra lock since the levers are in different spots. I cut the one rod back about 1 1/2 inches and threaded it. Its a 6mm x 1.00 pitch if anyone cares. I am pretty sure I can bend the one remaining rod slightly in order to get it to work without any trouble. I will keep you and everyone else posted just in case some day down the line someone wants to know if this works again.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

make a write-up if you get it working correctly.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Power Lock Upgrade - Already Searched (jL iLLuZiOnz 9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jL iLLuZiOnz 9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">make a write-up if you get it working correctly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lol.. That won't happen for a while. I just found these locks in Pick and Pull for $20 for the pair. Including the door handles as well, thats why I got them. I still don't have the controller unit, the switches, or any of the wiring that runs in the cab just yet. Its going to take me a while to get it all done. I just figured I could get these in there to make sure they work fine. They will work as manual locks until I get the rest of the setup.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright. Just in case anyone cares...

You have to trim the main actuator rod on the Integra locks. You remove about 1 1/2" from it and then thread the rod. Again, its a 6mm x 1.00 pitch. After that, the lock will connect to the civic door handle just fine. I used the Integra rods for both the lock and the actuator. You have to SLIGHTLY bend the rod for the lock, but its nothing huge and fits like stock. The two rods that connect to the actual inside door handle are a little bit trickier. I don't know if you're supposed to change them normally or if they are the same for power/manual locks or not. The lower rod that connects to the "Lock" control fits fine. Requires a slight bend, nothing major. The rod that controls the release handle is where the problem lies. The bend needs to face the opposite direction that it normally does and the rod is about 1/4" too short. I would be willing to bet you could use the Integra rod and possibly cut it, but I decided to see what I could do with my stock rod. I cut the rod about midway in the door to allow an open area to work with. Using a piece of the old Civic lock rod, I cut a small section 1/4" out. I then JB welded the piece inbetween the two halves on the door. Call it ghetto, thats fine. Its only a temporary thing and its just to see even if it could be done. I would be willing to bet that once it dries it works fine. Only time will tell. I'll post pistures later so you can all make fun of my ghetto fab job, if anyone cares to see.