Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

POST swap (not another swap Q?)

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POST swap (not another swap Q?)

ive done all my research on the engine and where to get it and its fitting and what not. My inquiries were regarding the after effects of swaping a b18c5 into a 97 EK.

I have preped my car in the sense that, suspension, brakes and tires have already been done.

I was wondering if other components of my car, such as trailing arms, chassis and so on would feel the effects of doubling ones HP? I was also wondering if other steps needed to be undertaken after the swap was done.

for example, what kind of octane should i run at? Does maintainance differ from previous engine?

Any kind of wise advice would be appreciated.
thank you kindly
PAT
Old 09-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: POST swap (numero sete)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by numero sete &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ive done all my research on the engine and where to get it and its fitting and what not. My inquiries were regarding the after effects of swaping a b18c5 into a 97 EK.

I have preped my car in the sense that, suspension, brakes and tires have already been done.

I was wondering if other components of my car, such as trailing arms, chassis and so on would feel the effects of doubling ones HP? I was also wondering if other steps needed to be undertaken after the swap was done.

for example, what kind of octane should i run at? Does maintainance differ from previous engine?

Any kind of wise advice would be appreciated.
thank you kindly
PAT </TD></TR></TABLE>

seeing as the JDM CTR uses pretty much the same body with minor reinforcements, the added power of the b18c5 shouldn't warrent and major modifications to the chassis.

as for maintenance and fuel type, just use what's typically required for the b18c5: premium fuel (91+) and the maintenance schedule for the b18c5 (which is pretty much the same as any integra).
Old 09-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The proper motor mounts, wiring harness (a GSR harness should do you fine) and wire the car for Vtec. The shiftlinkage should come with the swap and you'd need and ECU chip, if not then use the ECU from the C5. You'll need new axles and that's pretty much it. You should run 91 (with octane booster). You can use your stock radiator, you'll feel the power, your rev limit will be a lot higher than you would think. A DOHC will be slightly different but most of the problems are the same. You won't really have to worry about having a weak head gasket. Plus you should get an aftermarket header, if you use the Mugen you'll have to get a custom cat cause your stock one isnt long enough. The hp and tq are better (naturally) than the SOHC. The amount of stuff you have to go through to maintain it is pretty much the same.

Just letting you know, ITR motors make better power N/A, if you go F/I the you'll need to bring the compression down to around 9

I hope this helps
Old 09-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

B18C5-EH2 used to be a mod, he should be able to help you out a lot. Him and Cx-shoe
Old 09-09-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: POST swap (The_General)

ya it does help
thanks!!!