Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Is it possible....pcv valve?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: The Burbs of NYC, where you can park your car on the street & they wont steal it NY
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible....pcv valve?

Over the past week Ive noticed that my car is running considerably better. I still have the original PCV valve on my car with 183k on it. We forgot to change it when we rebuilt the motor @ 94k. I havent changed it thus far because I cant access it due to my oil cooler lines being in the way, and the fitment is really tight. I dont wanna remove the oil cooler cuz it was a pain in the ***** to put on(B&M kit) and the lines already blew off once. It has been working fine for the past couple of years. When accelerating hard I would notice that it would burn a good amount of oil and when revving past say 6500k in 3rd and up it seemed like it was "choking", prob due to all the excess crankcase pressure. Now, for the past week or so ive been smelling exhaust in the car, it burns NO oil when accelerating hard, and it runs like a bitch! Is it possible that something in the PCV system blew apart relieving the pressure from the crankcase??? I was on my way home last night and a few cars and I were toying around on the cross island parkway(Long Island). I was quite shocked by the way it was pulling cuz I havent felt it pull like that in a good while. I merked on the scion Tc, pulled slowly away from a Mk2 jetta with a vr swap, and lost and E55 in the traffic but once he had some room, he passed me like I wasnt movin....LOL Has this happened to anyone else?

Btw....its a mildly built single

Modified by deemack79 at 3:02 PM 11/3/2007