Notices

ever have a prob with oil pressure and turbos.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2002, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ever have a prob with oil pressure and turbos.

A week and half ago: did Valve adjustment, Oil change, compression test ETC ETC. Everything checked out All dandy. When finished, started car and made sure everything was good for the second time but the car had no oil pressure. I didnt understand it, I have a mechanical guage to monitor it and also have a oil cooler and oil filter relocation kit. But before i did all that checkup stuff I had oil pressure. My bro and I went through it and checked all connections and they were all fine and good to go, no leaks or anything. So i was like Okay i guess it is clogged or something. Still didnt make sense to me.

now present day and 19 miles later (a week and half later) I had just hit the top of my street from a neighborhood drive and the car starts to make a squeeking loud noise from inside the valve cover. I hit the drive way and shut the car off. Let it cool then take the valve cover off. I look at the number two cam lobe and it is bone dry from no oil looked like it was rubbing on the rocker and cam lobe with no lubrication, i touch it and its grey from shavings. Look at the rest and it doesnt look like there is any oil circulating in the head. everything is dry ( well a lil oil here and there, not a lot). I recalled driving, Temp was good at 190 degrees, Oil was a lil higher than the top dot on the dip stick. Everything checked out but the dryness from the head. Would no oil pressure cause this. I am at a loss.

The motor has brand new everything and i just hit 1707 miles. New fuel pump, turbo set up, complete build on valve train, new bearings, redone block, oil pump, water pump etc etc etc. WHAt is the prob, gonna redo the valve again, and just dump this oil and redo it and put another guage in to see if a have a malfunctioning one in there. ANY SUGGESTIONS.

This is a on a built B18A1 in a 92 Hb with turbo.
Old 07-06-2002, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ever have a prob with oil pressure and turbos. (synergy004)

anyone? Suggestions
Old 07-06-2002, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm, weird. Is it possible that something fell down through the head into the oil pan and got stuck in the oil pickup?
I would pull that pan and check out the bottom end.
You most likely damaged that one cam and definetly the rocker, they should be replaced.
Also what oil pump is it? Maybe the pump gear broke?
Strange problem you have there.
Old 07-06-2002, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

at first i thought since u were using mech gauges, that maybe the pressure sender for the gauge was messed up.

but since there was no oil under the valve cover...i dont know.

Im trying to think how the oil movemet in the car would flow relative to the oil pressure gauge. If its not getting pressure then could that mean that the oil pick up is cloged?

Well since u got so much invested in your car...might as well rip out all the lines and either clean or replace them. Im sure you will find somithing thats jamming u up. Good luck
Old 07-07-2002, 01:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ever have a prob with oil pressure and turbos. (Cramerox)

Thanks guys, asked a local shop what they thought, I am gonna pull the pan and see if i see anything, Gonna check the oil pump gear which could maybe be a problem. All the lines are gonna be cleaned or replaced. Thanks for the replies guys.

Much apprecation